Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Next claim going down range finally

Rate this question

Carl the Engineer

Question

Well, its that time again, wish me luck!

Finally put it all together and will be dropping it off at the CVSO tomorrow.

1. Increase rating for right foot plantar fasciitis.  Currently 10%, 2008.  New issue, cortisone shots and orthotics.

2. Secondary left foot/ankle problems caused by above.  Recently diagnosed with; Pain in Joint of Ankle and Foot, Ankle/Foot Instability, Pain in Limb, Difficulty in Walking, Bilateral Hammer Toe, Achilles Tendinitis or Bursitis, Tenosynovitis of Foot and Ankle and decreased Range of Motion. I was prescribed a ankle brace for my left ankle for stability.  Dr. also mentions my limp in my first visit note with him, so that cant hurt.

3. Secondary rating for heard disease caused by hypertension (currently rated at 0%, 2008).  Recently diagnosed with; Borderline concentric left ventrical hypertrophy and Mild tricuspid regurgitation.  I also asked if the heart disease pre-dated the hypertension (I have an irregular EKG from 1999 while in the Army) and if the heart disease should have been found at the time of the hypertension in 2004.

That and a bunch of medical records supporting same.

So we will see where that takes me.

I am currently at a raw 72, so a 10 gets me 80.  Which will help.  90 is probably out of reach for me currently as I am doing pretty good and don't see any biggies coming up.

I will keep posting any updates I get from the puzzle palace, and of course my up coming C&P's.

Thanks for caring,

Hamslice

P.S. Don't let me forget to call the VA back and schedule my colonoscopy.  The bastards want to probe me again......

Edited by Hamslice
left vs right mistake

18 minutes ago, Hamslice said:

Needed from others (1)

"These are requests for documents that VA has asked others to provide. Here are two actions you can take to speed up the processing of your claim:

• If you have access to these documents, you can upload them here on this page.
  • Ask the person or organization in possession of your documents to immediately provide them to VA.

It would be nice to know what they are looking for. I might be able to help!

Hamslice..  IMHO, They don't need anything further from you or anyone else.  This is just a catch all statement that they perhaps forgot to type: "NONE"...

18 minutes ago, Hamslice said:

Fun with claims,

Hamslice

Update number 3,

We'll, went to the VA today;

First, had a ultrasound of my heart,

Second, saw the C&P examiner.  We went over my heart disease (secondary to HBP) claim.  This is the first C&P where the examiner had the VA questionaire on the computer screen and my medical records on another screen at the same time and she filled out the VA form while I was there.  Or at least most of it.  She was trying to make the link and we went (I showed her in the records) were stuff was, etc.  Not sure, but I think I will be SC'd for heart disease.  Maybe 0, hoping for more.

Third, we went over my feet and ankle claims.  We looked over my foot doctors notes and she asked me questions from the VA form.  I think that went well.

Next, she took my BP, pulse, listened to my heart and lungs and examined my feet and ankles.

Then she sent me for x-rays of my feet and ankles, both left and right.

Lastly, I went to the travel window and signed my chit.

Keeping my fingers crossed for a good outcome,

Hamslice

Update 4,

Anyone want to register a guess on my heart disease claim and rate?

Study Details: 2D. Due to technical issues, the quality of the study was limited.

2D

Diastole (cm) NL Values (cm) Systole (cm) NL Values (cm)

RV 3.5 1.9 - 3.8

IVS 1.4 0.6 - 1.1

LV 4.3 3.5 - 6.0 2.7 2.1 - 4.0

LVPW 1.2 0.6 - 1.1

Ao Root 3.5 2.1 - 3.5

LA 3.9 2.3 - 3.8

LA Volumes:

LA Vol A4C: 56.7 ml

LA Vol A2C: 45.7 ml

LA Vol BP: 52.0 ml

Left Ventricle: Ventricular wall thickness is mildly increased.

Quantitative LVEF and LV volume not reportable due to limited endocardial definition.

Left ventricle appears normal in size with visually estimated LVEF 55%.

Frequent ectopy is incidentally noted in cardiac rhythm.

Right Ventricle: The right ventricular size is normal.

Global RV systolic function is normal.

Left Atrium: The left atrium is normal.

Right Atrium: The right atrium is normal.

Aorta: Aortic root is normal in size. Aortic Valve: The aortic valve is not well visualized. In limited views the aortic valve appears mildly sclerotic.

Mitral Valve: The mitral valve appears structurally normal.

Tricuspid Valve: The tricuspid valve is not well visualized.

Pulmonic Valve: The pulmonic valve is suboptimally visualized.

Pericardium: No pericardial effusion is seen.

Summary:

1. Limited 2D exam was performed.

2. Frequent ectopy is incidentally noted in cardiac rhythm.

3. Left ventricle appears normal in size with visually estimated LVEF 55%.

4. Left ventricular wall thickness is mildly increased.

5. Normal RV size and systolic function.

6. No pericardial effusion is seen.

Thanks,

Hamslice

Update 5,

We'll they must post in the middle of the night on MyHealthyvet.  Just found my DBQ's from the C&P.

heart disease

a. The condition claimed is at least as likely as not (50% or greater probablility) proximately due to or the resurlt of the Veteran's service connected condition.

left ankle pain

a. The condition claimed is at least as likely as not (50% or greater probablility) proximately due to or the resurlt of the Veteran's service connected condition.

left foot pain

increase for right foot plantar fasciitis already at 10% rated

The Veteran is service connected for right foot palntar fasciitis which is currently evaluated at 10%. Please evaluate for the current level of severity of the Veterans's sevice connnected disability.

So, now wait for the RO to give me the numbers?

My guesses,

heart 10-30, already 0% for HBP, so not sure.  DBQ says I have LVH, but dosent impact work, etc.

left ankle 10 from xray

left foot 10 from xray

right plantar increase currently at 10.  Not sure, hopefully up to 20%.

Hamslice

Udate 6,

Completion date just went from 10/21/2016 to now 11/13/2016.

Appearently a "statistical analysis".

Be cool to know how that is formulated,

FWIW,

Hamslice

The time it takes to complete you claim depends on factors like the type of claim and the type of disability claimed.

The estimated dates are based on a statistical analysis of historical processing times for similar claims. Some things you should know:

• Historical data may not accurately predict current conditions. Your claim may take longer.
  • Dates may change as the statistical analysis is updated.
  • Some claims will take longer than the range of dates given as they are based on an average.

Submitting the supporting documentation that has been requested quickly and electronically is the surest way to get your claim decided as quickly as possible.