Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just diagnosed with Sjogren's Syndrome

Rate this question

allansc2005

Question

Afternoon folks, new kid on the block here.

Last week I was diagnosed with Sjogren's Syndrome, which is an autoimmune syndrome, it's also known as Siccus Syndrome.

I was going through the VA's lists of medical conditions, and didn't fine the condition.

Anyone have any information on how the VA rates Sjogren's or Siccus Syndrome?

Thanks,

Allan

Opinions here on Hadit, as elsewhere, are like Rectal Orifices, everybody has one, right.

Here's mine, File an application for VA Vocational Rehabilitation on you E-Ben E-File Site. I know, you can't possibly work, you sound too Fracked Up.

In a few weeks you'll meet with a VA Voc Rehab Councilor. at which time you will discuss your Inability to do any type of work, due primarily to your SC Conditions. The VRC will agree that your not eligible, at the present time, for the Voc Rehab Program. Ar which point, you will ask for an Official VA Vocational Rehab Program Denial Letter discussing how your SC's preclude you from any type of Voc Rehab Training, to include SEDENTARY work.

The VRC will advise you of your eligibility for the VA IL (Independent Living) Program, which we can discuss later.

If you haven't already done so, start a IU FDC Claim on your E-Ben site, to lock in the file date for Retro, just don't hit the SUBMIT button yet. As soon as you get the VR Denial Letter, attach it as a Pdf to your FDC and hit the Submit Button.

If you own or are buying your home, the VR Denial Letter can be used immediately, to Qualify for your state's (If available) DAV 100% or IU Vets Residential Property Tax Exemption.

Semper Fi

Gastone,

Thanks, I just reapplied for Voc Rehab on my ebenefits page.

Another question is will I still be eligible for Voc Rehab since I came in 1974 and got out in 1990?

Pointers to remember when I do meet with the Voc Rehab folks?

As I recall, all Vet's are eligible for Voc Rehab for 10 or 12 yrs from their Last SC Award.

Another thing, if your still under 65, apply for the VA $10K Whole Life Insurance Policy. It's a good deal, taking your age and disability picture into consideration, and gets even better when you are finally Awarded IU. The $100 per mos premium is waived with a 100% Scheduler or IU Award.

The VRC will have already viewed your VMC Med Recs, so he/she will already know how Fracked Up you are. I've put (3) Nam Vets into Voc Rehab, with the strict intent of getting the Denial Letter. Just be very upfront with the VRC about why your there. You need his or her's Professional (The Councilors are all Masters or PHD GS 13+) Employment Councilors. Their EXPERT Opinion can and will not be questioned by a VA Rater or DRO. You should be able to get the Denial Letter at your 1st or 2nd appointment.

Semper Fi

We're about to find out, right. I'm fairly certain, the 10 or 12 yr eligibility clock for Voc Rehab resets with a New Award. Then again, your really not looking to get into the Voc Rehab Program for retraining, more so for the Denial Letter.

Back in 14, as I was leaving my DRO Hearing, I stopped in at the VA Voc Rehab Dept, wanted to file for the IL (Independent Living Program) which is administered by the Voc Rehab Dept.

I was advised that I had to file an Official Voc Rehab App in order to see a IL Councilor. When I went to the initial Voc Rehab Councilor Appointment, I was advised that the same Voc Rehab Councilor would also be my IL Program Councilor.

The IL Program doesn't have the time  (10 or 12 yr) from last Award limit.

Semper Fi