Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just diagnosed with Sjogren's Syndrome

Rate this question

allansc2005

Question

Afternoon folks, new kid on the block here.

Last week I was diagnosed with Sjogren's Syndrome, which is an autoimmune syndrome, it's also known as Siccus Syndrome.

I was going through the VA's lists of medical conditions, and didn't fine the condition.

Anyone have any information on how the VA rates Sjogren's or Siccus Syndrome?

Thanks,

Allan

Berta,

The problem I'm having is getting a VA Voc Rehab Counselor to return my emails/calls.

I requested contact through my Ebenefits page back on October 28, and have heard nothing from the Voc Rehab folks.

Thanks for your input.

Allan

Allan, is that Oct 28 2015 or 2016? If it's "16," did you really expect a response b-4 11/15/2016? You might want to rethink your "Great Expectations," with regards to VA communications.

Did you File a New Claim for VA Vocational Rehabilitation on 10/28/16? Has it shown up on your E-Ben Claim Status?

I've been in Voc Rehab on (3) occasions, 11, 14 and just recently 06/16. Received initial appointments with VR Councilor within about 4 - 5 weeks of filing claims, 1 walk-in at RO, 2 on E-Ben.

If you can't relax, time to do a Road Trip to your VARO. Voc Reh Office is located on the same floor as RO.

Once in the Voc Reh Program, you'll have your assigned Councilor's Direct RO Telephone contact number/voice msg and Govt Email address. I've never had to wait more than a day or 2 for a response.

Just last week, I'd just sent my Councilor an Email late in the afternoon, she was reading her Emails at the time, got a call within 4 min of sending the EM. NEVER got a response that quick before!

Semper Fi

Ben Krause, lawyer and disabled vet, went through so much VOC rehab BS, he wrote a book about it....

http://www.disabledveterans.org/chapter-31-voc-rehab-page/

He has had many posts and comments on Voc Rehab at his site, I dont know if the book is for sale or free

but there is some good advise at his site on this...and you can contact Ben via the site as well

Berta, thanks, will consult with Mr. Krause.

Gastone, I applied for Voc Rehab in October of this year on my Ebenefits page, and yes, it shows up has me applying.

Between Berta's and your comments, I now understand the ins and outs of the program, but FIRST I need to weed through the initial application process, and HOPE the counselor understands that I, by record, do have "serious employment handicap(s).

Thanks. 

Berta/Gastone,

It looks like Voc Rehab won't cooperate at all with my case. They said that my 12 years is up, and they have no obligation to provide a letter as to my employability, one way or the other.

If you get SSDI solely for your SC condition, I would think that would be considered a  "serious employment handicap".........but VA doesn't care what I think...I will try to find any BVA case whereby the veteran appealed on that basis and won...if I find something I will post it here.......