VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Comments on new rule for using Nurses as Dr's...

Rate this question

pwrslm

Question

(VA) Proposed Rule: https://www.regulations.gov/docket?D=VA-2016-VHA-0011 on allowing nurses to practice without an MD's supervision.

Link for comments while it is still open.  Comments close 25 July 2016.   Agree or disagree, This is your chance to make your opinion heard, and why you feel the way you do about it.

Thanks so much for the link....107,283 comments so far!

I need to comment myself.

If we had that much commenting to the 2010 PTSD regs, maybe they would not have been able to prevent private PTSD diagnosis

and treatment records from being evidence for claims filed after July 13, 2010.

• HadIt.com Elder

I prefer veterans have a choice with their healthcare.

I want the veteran to be able to choose his Dr for his health care  rather VA or the private sector

I'd choose the private Sector, Simple because of the way I and many many other veterans are currently being treated at the the VA & simply put I don't trust the VA for specialized health care.

jmo

.................Buck

1 hour ago, Buck52 said:

I prefer veterans have a choice with their healthcare.

I want the veteran to be able to choose his Dr for his health care  rather VA or the private sector

I'd choose the private Sector, Simple because of the way I and many many other veterans are currently being treated at the the VA & simply put I don't trust the VA for specialized health care.

jmo

.................Buck

A dual edged sword indeed. We would run the risk of having our shitty yet guaranteed-by-Law healthcare, and to throw it into a medicaid-like system would be just be bringing us as perilously close to having it taken away at a later date

Just a quick jog to the memory of those veterans who were paying attention to the political chaos that was the whole "privatize social security"  bullshit. Not even 10 years later Wall Street kicked the pig, and retirements and 401(k)'s and Mortgages were wiped out. Imagine if SS had been in the "capitalist" model. More people would have gone into destitue poverty as in the first Freat Depression. So, my hope, NO, don't force us who are so poor on their meager incomes to count on a mixed-slapdashed-together piece of legislation that Obamacare and even the recent Congressional VA overhaul have proven that nothing we used to breathe safely thinking can save us, ends up becoming another tradeable feature of American StockHolders bent-over-a barrel style of Healthcare......whew, sorry

Edited by Inarticulate&Distorted
some spelling, clarified some syntax errors sice this IS important to ALL VETERANS, what they could take away from us makes the next generation of Vets capable of having something else we used to be guaranteed taken away.

My comment took a different take on all this than a few I read...it should be posted on the Fed Reg site soon.

The comments grew to 113,732 already!

I hope many here will take the time to voice their opinion. 

This proposed rule could change VA more than we know. Good and bad.

Can this be moved into Claims Research forum so everyone reads it?

This will have an impact on every VA patient.

And claimants.

This is part of my comment: ( I added more at the Fed Reg site and didnt copy what I added.)

The proposed rule states:

“and other related health care services.”

I think the rule should be amended to state “except for C & P exams which will be done solely by VA MDs with full knowledge and expertise of the veteran’s claimed disability.”

If an ARPN does a C & P exam that was ordered due to a BVA remand, BUT the remand calls for, as an example , a Cardiologist’s  opinion, and VA denies based on the C & P exam results, the claimant can raise the argument that the opinion was too speculative and Not what the BVA had ordered.

However that takes time, adding to the backlog. The claimant can also combat a negative C & P with an independent medical opinion, from a non VA doctor whose medical training outweighs that of the APRN, but that takes time and money , as IMOs can be quite costly , to the claimant’s detriment and that too adds to the claims backlog.

But If this rule will mean that veterans can obtain independent medical opinions from nurses with the above qualifications in the proposed rule, and if VA will accept and weigh those opinions in the proper light, to support a claim or combat a negative C & P from a nurse with the same qualifications, perhaps that would be beneficial to veteran claimants.

Berta Simmons , veterans advocate  and survivor of Rodney Simmons ,USMC, Death by VA FTCA/1151

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes Ms berta

I moved it.