VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

K Solo

Question

Just check ebenifits and seen my claim is in then prep for notification phase, anyway way to check if its a yea or nae before packet arrives. The wait, the not knowing, the logging in and out since this past fri got me wanting to know like yesterday. 

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Its like a lot of other stuff, buck.  Even alcohol.  If some is good, more is not better.  

If you check ebenefits once a week, or even twice a week, fine.  

But if you go and check ebenefits every ten minutes, you have become addicted like an alcoholic.  Once an alcoholic admits it, he must refrain from alcohol altogether as there is no such thing as "one drink" to an alcoholic.  

For me, I can drink one or two and be fine.  My son commented that when he comes to visit me, he has to check to see if my beer has expired..that he once drank a beer at my house as it was awful and had lost all its fizz, probably because it sat in my refrigerator for 3 years, unopened.   

Edited by broncovet

Yeah seems like it will be a good site for vets, i checked fri early in day and it didnt have any dependents found for me, then later that after noon it went from no dependents found in prep for decision step to prep for notification and under my dependents wife info saying these are dependents we have in system for current award so i thought it meant something and wanted to ask about, thanks for the feed back.

There used to be ways to poke around eBenefits and get a heads up, but the last two claims I had, everything on eBenefits said the same thing a the same time.  So I think they have gotten there act together as far as what is on there.

That said, I have had prep for decision go back to gathering evidence many times.  Sometime for a couple weeks, and once a couple hours.  I have had the status change three times in the same day.  Yep, I suffer from the eBenefits afliction.  I don't drink or do drugs, so I got to have something.

You never know for real until you get the letter in the mail.

FWIW,

Hamslice

I am registered at ebenefits but didnt use it for many months and I had a hell of a time with it yesterday ,trying to change my password and log on.They verify I have a registered account.

I answered all of their security questions correctly but still they didnt let me in.

I had clicked on the survey thing so when I finally gave up trying to log in, I complained about that but also about ebenefits in general as to the info that is so hard to interpret for so many of you.I wonder if they even read those survey complaints.

Well i waited a few days and today i found out that my claimed was approved for 70% rating. Havent gotten my packet yet but got AB8 letter saying monthly amount for Ptsd-Anxiety & Depression, combat related. Thinking i may start to receive benefits Mar 1st but will wait n see, my claims says effective Dec 1st 2016 but did and intent to file Mar 2016 but didn't actually file til Sept 2016. on my closed claim info its shows filed Mar 2016 so wondering if that pays me from Dec 2016 or Mar 2016.

Just be sure your VA Direct Deposit Bank/CU account is set up to real-time Txt & Email you regarding all Financial Transactions.

Your Retro Deposit usually hits your Bank Account anywhere from 3 to 12 weeks before your actual VA Award Letter arrives.

As of late (01-03-16 in my case), E-Ben has been on the stick with regards to updating SC Ratings.

Semper Fi