Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

When is it best to go for Schedular?

Rate this question

allansc2005

Question

Back in January, I was awarded a CUE and P & T IU, and I have numerous open claims that have yet to be decided, a few of which are remanded cases.

From everything I've read here posted by attorney Chris Attig, you should never just give up after receiving 100%, be it scheduler or IU.

It's also known that with IU, you have to declare every year that you are not employed, and if you fail to report, you're subject to getting a % reduction.

So, in view of this, what are the advantages of scheduler over IU? I have no spouse or kids at home that would benefit from P&T IU.

Allan

2-2-0 HUAH!

• HadIt.com Elder

''So, in view of this, what are the advantages of scheduler over IU? I have no spouse or kids at home that would benefit from P&T IU.''

ok the only difference I can see between the two  the main difference   is  being 100% P&T scheduler you can work $$.

Being TDIU P&T  Your not suppose to be working at all  some say you can if you earn less than the allowed amount  but I disagree , if your IU and work your playing with fire  and being IU Veterans need to fill out the pesty unemployment questioner  form ever year  usually on their anniversary date of the IU Award.

That's the only difference between being 100% P&T vs Being TDIU P&T  They both have the same benefits and pay.

with of course the $$ added from the Special Monthly Compensation if the Veteran gets them.

Also being 100% P&T  You may not have a lot of dependents,  but it helps to have other rated S.C. Disabilitys too in case you ever get a proposal to reduce.

• HadIt.com Elder

I have TDIU P&T plus "S" and I don't believe I would fight with the VA for the 100% rating because unless you are 100% for a single disability you are not really scheduler.  If you already have "S" there is not much point unless the disability is a life threatening one.  Of course, since you are not dead yet your married status could change.  Many things can change.  The advantage of having TDIU P&T is that you have a bird in hand.  However,  I filed many claims after I was TDIU due to agent orange.  This is how I got "S".  You could just let the remanded claims be decided.   I would not back off until all my claims were decided.  What is the chance for an EED on any of your important claims?  I tried for an EED that was thirty five years earlier.   I failed but I learned a lot about the VA and so did my lawyer.  It was an expensive school for him and an eye opener for me.  The BVA and the VA Court are some corrupt institutions IMO.  I think that describes the "Deep State" at its deepest.   A circular system that is almost impossible to break out of to federal court.  I know because I went there.

This is besides the point which is that IMO you should pursue your claims since you filed them.

John

• HadIt.com Elder

Ok if your IU With P&T AT 100%  OR Even if you were 90% combined using the extra scheduler. IU....With your separate 70% S.C. Rating  that Qualify's  you for SMC S..Depending on the severity of the 70% S.C. Disability  & what the SMC RATING TABLE has.

OK now that your getting SMC R-1  I don't think that Qualify;s you for the SMC S  IF THIS IS WHAT YOUR ASKING?  if your 

I still don't really under stand what your asking?

Buck, my original question was, "What are the advantages of scheduler over IU"?

I never mentioned I also got SMC-S, I was merely correcting your notion that I got it. 

Then the thread kind of expanded from there.

At this point, with the answers, I now see the pros and cons of scheduler over IU.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Allan

2-2-0 HUAH!

On 3/24/2017 at 3:11 PM, L said:

allansc2005: I too am single and with the legal advice I got, from an attorney on VA Watchdog-  I decided to stop "fighting"  as broncovet eloquently put it.

I have my Navy Retirement & my other pension, along with the VA & SSDi -

I am finally focusing on ME , my physical & mental health. Life Balance. :)

Understandable,  You really do need to set goals and limitations.  At the very least know your own limits and know when the fight is taking more out of you than whatever possible return you may receive if and when you prevail.