VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appeal status

Rate this topic

demeat

Well I just checked ebennys and see that my claim was approved and that has bumped me up to 90% as of today.  Still waiting on my appeals which was granted for migraines so hopefully that will put me at 100%!!!! 

To to all who are waiting, I guess emailing the regional director does help!  After emailing him it only took the following day for my file to be pushed thru.  

My appeal is now showing preparation  for notification, so hopefully it will only be another day or so for it to be complete as well!!! ?

Well the latest update ?.  They have closed out my file and I the rating of 30% for my migraines from 9/7/07 but there doesn't seem to be any retro payment showing for that.  I might be being a bit premature but it is kinda odd seeing that I was granted a claim today as well for something else at 30% also and there is a retro payment showing for that (looks like 10% retro for 2 months)

Is there anyone who can explain to me how the calculations work because I was at 80% prior to both claims and now I am at a total of 90%.  I was really assuming that I would go to 100% seeing that all my disabilities added up Show as 180. 

There should be an "Effective Date" for each rating.

The way I understand it, the math is calculated from the difference of your current rating and 100%. It is not added to your current rating. Therefore, one never truly gets 100% unless it's rounded up from a number between 95 and 99 or you have 1 affliction rated at 100%. There are exceptions like IU.

Doing the mat, I have you at 87.85% rounded up to 90% for pay purposes. Depending on the when the 10% retro was effective, there probably was no increase. I am no expert. This is how I understand it.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use