Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appeal status

Rate this topic

demeat

Does anyone know how long it takes for a rater to get ahold of your case once the Judge makes a granted decision on an appeal.  I called the BVA and they said once it leaves them they dont know what the time limit is on it.  I have contacted the VA 800 and they wont give me any information either.  Now i am about to stress!!  They are always holding out GRRRR 

• HadIt.com Elder

some times it can take months after BVA Decision, the BVA usually will send the decision back to your RO and then they send you the decision...hopefully it won't take months but just be prepared for it.

unless this is a hardship claim?

demeat  EED means ''Earlier Effective Dates'' on claims.

CUE means '' Clear & UNMISTAKABLE ERROR''

other members can chime in....

Edited by Buck52

oh yea it is showing as a hardship claim.  I had to fill out some paperwork and send them documents of my bills and stuff, so that is why i was curious on why they are acting so hush hush.  I had submitted that stuff to the BVA so i dont know if i have to send them something as well to the regional office to get the ball rolling. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well weekly follow up .  I have went down to the regional office this week and submitted more hardship paperwork and found out that it was added into the system but my file still has not been assigned to a rater as of yet.  I was told that the Atlanta regional is one of the worst due to backlog and so I am not sure how long it will be ???.  

I guess I will be writing another email to the undersecretary and the regional director to get the ball rolling again .   Sometimes I wish I was attached to a different regional office because all my claims and files don't seem to get noticed until I have to go thru aggressive actions.  

Well I will keep an update to see how this turns out.  Hopefully this will be my last bump in the road.  I am thankful for the help of the group over the years and very thankful for the law office who has helped me get to this point (minus the percentage ?) 

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use