VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% PTSD and 100% Total??

Rate this question

SecurityForces03

Question

Hi All,

I'm currently 90% combined with PTSD and a few other issues. The PTSD is 70% of it.

My current claim is for PTSD increase and a few other increases. I think they'll all be increased.

If my PTSD increases to 100% and my other illnesses get increases to equal 100%, does it really matter for work purposes?

I want to try and work for sanity and routine purposes, but I've read you can't work if you have PTSD at 100%? Would it matter if all my other issues also equal 100?

Thanks!

Edited by SecurityForces03

• HadIt.com Elder

On e benefits it states   I have a final degree of 100%.

but if you add up all the others I am at 190% with 2 SMC's

so a veteran can be 400% and still have the final degree of 100%

jmo

43 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

On e benefits it states   I have a final degree of 100%.

but if you add up all the others I am at 190% with 2 SMC's

so a veteran can be 400% and still have the final degree of 100%

jmo

I totally understand that.

im asking if you're 100% PTSD and you're 100% with other symptoms, does it matter?

Doing the "What Ifs" is probably an exercise in futility at this point, especially with a PTSD Increase. Best to just wait for the Rating Decision, then you tell us.

I know, it's easy to say sit back and relax, hard to actually do. If the EOR supports the requested Increases, then you're GOOD, not much more you can do but wait.

Semper Fi

32 minutes ago, Gastone said:

Doing the "What Ifs" is probably an exercise in futility at this point, especially with a PTSD Increase. Best to just wait for the Rating Decision, then you tell us.

I know, it's easy to say sit back and relax, hard to actually do. If the EOR supports the requested Increases, then you're GOOD, not much more you can do but wait.

Semper Fi

You're totally right. I have pretty bad OCD, but most of us going through the VA debacle become obsessed as well.

I try to read as it's one of my enjoyments. As you suggested, it's better I sit back and wait to see what happens. I'll post the results of the claim when I find out!