Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got my letter, now what?

Rate this question

allansc2005

Question

OK, logged onto my Ebenefits account this morning, and low and behold there was that "magic" letter, the one that says(paraphrasing) "This letter is to inform you that you are now approved for PX and Commissary privileges.... No further appointments are scheduled...."

It's about damn time considering I was approved for a CUE and IU this past January!

So it's my understanding it's now time to get my ID card, so is this the letter, along with my DD214 that I take on base to get my ID card?

Thanks,

Allan

2-2-0 HUAH!

P.S. Still no retro though:sad:

• Founder

congratulations! yep you take that to the base for your ID card. but also you can sign up to shop online at the exchange. go here https://www.shopmyexchange.com/s?Dy=1&Nty=1&Ntt=vosbwelcome it starts officially in November but I signed up for email notifications and because I was verified with https://www.vetverify.org/index.xhtml I got early access.

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

Thanks Tbird! Got my ID this morning, stopped in the BX, bought a few things. Also signed up for the online exchange.

You guys, Berta, Gastone, Buck...et al,  guided me through this process, and I thank you very much. Special thanks to Berta for assisting me in winning my CUE!

Now of course I will bring more veterans here to get a "dose" of you guy's expertise!

Sill waiting on my retro!! GRRRRR:sad:

Allan

2-2-0 HUAH!

• Founder

I'm glad we were here for you!

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

Allen, Congrats!   Living in FL, travel to Disney World isn't a big deal, it's the Ticket Price right. With your New DAV ID Card, you can buy Disney package tickets at a substantial  DAV Military Discount.

I used the Ft Knox base travel agency, ITR LiesureTravel (502-624-5030), in 15 & 16. Saved close to $1K each time for a (6) ticket package. Grand Kids loved it.

Check out the VA Independent Living Program (IL), administered by the Vocational Rehab Dept at your RO. If interested, you can file a Voc Rehab app on E-Ben to meet with an IL Counselor. 

I received my IL provided Laptop and printer 01/16 and am waiting on the Approved $6500 Bathroom upgrade Grant.

Get your DAV License Plate, another BIG Savings.

Semper Fi

Gastone, thanks!

Actually I have dual residences. South Carolina for example, offers 2 vehicles and one residence that are property tax free for 100% disabled vets.

Also, free admission to all parks, free fishing licenses, $12 Space A travel from Charleston AFB...are but a few of the bennies offered for 100% disabled vets in South Carolina.

Florida on the other hand offers similar bennies, except the property taxes are a little different.

Allan

2-2-0 HUAH!

• HadIt.com Elder

Congratulation Allan

Also check all the merchants that give a 10% discount when you show your New ID Card  (HomeDepot) is the one I like to use.

Please take advantage of these benefits, the way the Goverment is these days being wishes washe-e

No one is sure how long we may get to keep them.

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!