VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Road to 100% my journey begins

Rate this question

DD_Carter

Question

So I have officially had enough from the VA. I'm going to start getting things in order to fight the battle for 100%. It was pointed out to me today that I have a couple of NSC's that should be service connected. After putting my stuff into several rating calculators, I am currently at 91% (obviously rounded down to 90). I am an OIF/OEF veteran and they have my respiratory issues listed as NSC. For one of my deployments I lived and slept less than a hundred yards from a burn pit. My breathing problems began while deployed and I was examined for respiratory issues prior to discharge. My sleep apnea is also listed as NSC which I am thinking is secondary to my respiratory issues. I also have bilateral hearing loss that is NSC and that I know is service related. After all I was Marine Infantry. I will post more as I move along but any advice is greatly appreciated. My first step is to get a copy of all my records. The copies I had were flooded during hurricane Mathew when I lost my house. 

5 answers to this question

Good luck and God speed hopefully all this moving into the electronic records will speed things up for ya and do your homework before walking into any C&P look at the DBQ and if you got records proving your case take them into the exam

Edited by jfrei

On 5/27/2017 at 6:40 AM, jfrei said:

Good luck and God speed hopefully all this moving into the electronic records will speed things up for ya and do your homework before walking into any C&P look at the DBQ and if you got records proving your case take them into the exam

Thanks jfrei, I requested another copy of all my records. Once those come in, I will start sifting through them with a fine tooth comb to see what I can find. I am also going to set up another appointment with my doc to talk to him about my issues. I finally got something done about my back (still undecided if it helped or not) and now its time to move on to another issues and try to get it taken care of. 

DD, 01/2014 I received a 9-inch thick C-File pkg after filing (hand delivered to my RO) C-File FOIA 09/2012.     Recently 10/2016, I Faxed a C-File FOIA to the VA. Currently, shows on my E-Ben as "Gathering Evidence" with a completion DREAM date of 07/17.           Semper Fi

1 hour ago, Gastone said:

DD, 01/2014 I received a 9-inch thick C-File pkg after filing (hand delivered to my RO) C-File FOIA 09/2012.     Recently 10/2016, I Faxed a C-File FOIA to the VA. Currently, shows on my E-Ben as "Gathering Evidence" with a completion DREAM date of 07/17.           Semper Fi

I have found that those dream dates are rarely accurate. When I filled to have my daughter added as a dependent, it took nearly a year. Every time the date came they just pushed it back another 3 months. 

They don't want to kill the job by completing their tasks too fast. Unions can be good or bad, depending on your perspective.

Semper Fi