VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appeal Question to ask

Rate this question

Wayne TX

Question

Got a question....I filed five NODs 17 months ago....... eBenefits under Open Appeals  for these 17 months just said  - Appeal Pending -Notice of Agreement received and dated.  Well, sometime over the past week days that changed to Appeal Pending - Statement of the Case (SOC) VA has received your Form 9 and will begin completing final actions regarding your appeal before it is sent to the Board of Veteran's Appeals.  I requested a DRO Hearing when I filed NODs.  Is this just routine procedure to be sent a Statement of the Case at this stage?   I have not received a DRO Hearing date yet?   

• Answers 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

And it may be a bit unless your experiencing a financial hardship losing your home or death bed as such is what I have been told. And yes this sounds about the right time for as SOC or SSOC if it's a remand as my experience has gone with my 4 appeals so far all in my favor it's funny how the BVA practices their own  law but the Regional Office ignores it until upheld by the BVA...

Thanks for clarifying the time frame on this as being about right.   In your case, once the Form 9 was submitted and then acknowledged  by VARO how much longer was it that you actually got a DRO Hearing date.   Just curious.  Thanks brother.

It sounds like you are "on track", tho it does seem a bit unusual to have the SOC prior to the DRO hearing.  Likely, its gonna be a BVA hearing, but I can not say that for sure.  It sounds like you submitted the I9 timely, so you should be good to go.  

Who requested the DRO Hearing, you or your VSR? Do you have Evidence that you filed for the DRO Hearing, not a DRO Review?

A good friend thought he was waiting for a DRO Hearing for about 18 mos back in 09/14, when out of the blue a DRO Review Denial and SOC arrives. It appears there was some miscommunication between the Vet and his "POA VSO Rep" as to what type of DRO Appeal he wanted.  Verify everything filed on your behalf. Errors and misstatements are almost impossible to undo.

To be honest as in my DRO hearing/review I am not a fan of just letting things stay or not knowing what going on with my claim. So you could clear up all of this by walking into your RO and walking to the service desk for speaking about your disability claim which is how I found out who and when my hearing was  and will be with and the DRO meet me and my wife. So I recommend for answers you want and not a phone call to Peggy or Aunt Tom feeding you BS if your able just pay a visit. My Regional office was in Philadelphia doing this got me answers and after my hearing as well. She or he may often have to ask general counsel I think it's call if your retro is hefty for Th RO to cover and a complicated matter. This can also be another hurdle to clear if the DRO denies and they believe you are right as was my case. Don't believe the lie DROs cannot grant all claims but they can help with your appeal if it must go that way...