Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

AO and Hypertension?

Rate this question

john999

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Has the VA made a service connected and compensable link between exposure to AO and high blood pressure.  I got the AO Registry letter today and I can't decide what they are saying except it sounds like a time delaying hedge.

• Answers 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I'm not sure John999

I went to myhealthvet and lookat the labs/test  nothing about A1-c Reading?

it don't give good details on my lab testing? it just says  things like its not unusual for this to be this#  ect,,ect,, you can contact your Dr .  ect,,ect,,

I may need to go to  release of records information desk and ask for my lab test in full?  I can't seem to get all those on myhealthvet.??

I go to my VA PCP on the Jan 2nd for yearly check-up ...I have labs that day...so when I see my VA PCP I'll ask her about all this and see if she will check it me for. DMII

• HadIt.com Elder

Did you have a reading on your fasting glucose levels?  The VA won't DX you with DMII unless you file a claim even if your glucose levels are high.  They just won't do it because they know it means money. I could never get them to actually DX me with DMII until I filed a claim for it.  I had what they called impaired glucose functioning or something like that but it was DMII all along they would just not name it.  DMII can cause nerve damage especially in your feet.  Next thing you know you have an ulcer on your heel and they are chopping off your leg.  It happened to a guy who worked with me at the USPS.

John

• HadIt.com Elder

I will look at myhealthvet medical labs.

I will get back to ya john on this.