VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Any Florida people and others in other states

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

One size does not fit all on this subject  CBD comes in various dosages.......might try using a stronger version.

6 hours ago, expo said:

CBD oil did nothing for my sleep or anxiety. YMMV

• HadIt.com Elder
On 2/12/2019 at 10:56 AM, expo said:

Thats true. Kind of an expensive experimentation process though.

It is, but as more and more studies open up and more states open up, the price will come down. I see more and more elderly people that are getting some great relief, and at the same time cussing their doctors for not telling them this stuff works with no side effects. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for such a late reply. I tested Medical Marijuana here in Florida for about a month or two and all that stuff did to me was cause me to sleep all day and all night. What kind of life is that? CBD oils does nothing even the CBD they were selling at these "medical marijuana shops" here in Florida.

I tried everything they had because my Pain Management MD told me I had to find what works for me. I just felt stoned all the time, and well that is no life for me. It didn't matter if I took a full 5 second hit or a 1 second hit man I was OUT COLD.....

I'm sorry to say that stuff doesn't work for everyone. IMHO I believe Florida Legislation for example, should create a new law forcing pharmaceuticals who sells their medications here in Florida to open up a testing facility here in Florida to see if they can come up with a pill form of it. If they did that I bet it would help because these folks who are currently growing and creating the oils really do not have the background education like many of the Pharm doctors / chemists do nor do they have the hardware they use. I don't want to be stuck on these pain killers the rest of my life.

I tried the concentrated oil made from a MJ hybrid called "9 lb. Hammer". 

I seriously thought it was heart attack time for me as my anxiety went through the roof.

Fortunately I had alprazolam and medicated myself at home or I would have been in the ER.

Be careful when using medical MJ.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I'm in Alabama. The laws here only allow CBD oil for use to treat epilepsy. However, they do allow oil-based products to be sold over the counter which contain less than 1% THC.

At my recent neurologist appointment, I asked the doctor if it works (off the record, of course). They said the clinical findings show CBD oil useful for treatment of chronic pain, but until the lawmakers authorize it for this use, it cannot be prescribed. Additionally, he said the stuff you buy over the counter may not be as effective as a prescription. It comes down to medical efficacy and having a consistent quality of the active ingredient without fillers.