VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dental for son?

11cvolley

Question

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Delta Dental is a great value.  The Price is fair, based on other plans. My daughter is a dental assistant who processes claims and she agrees that it is one of the better plans. None are free except 100% DV - but these days in my area - you are only allowed a visit every 2 years, unless there is a problem. Delta Dental I have a cleaning evey 6 mos with no cost. - preventative. ( I am on the second tier plan of $32 mo)

Edited by L

• HadIt.com Elder

broncovet,

are you sure champ-va will pay for co-pay dental?  her co pay is what Met Life don't pay  based on what the service are and what they allow!  I guess we could call champ.. be  spouse seems to think they don't cover the copay for dental service or prescriptions  unless it causes other health problems.

Edited by Buck52

No, Buck, I posted they "might" pick up copays for dental, you need to call them.  I didnt say they would, I said they might.  

Here is the deal.  Insurance is designed not to be profitable to get sick.  So you cant get paid more than 100 percent of your medical bills.  Its usually less. 

However, when you have "2" insurance companies, they should work together to pay almost all..where one picks up most of it, and the other picks up co pays.  This is the justification for 2 insurances.  

Your wife apparently has delta dental And champva, and these should combine to pick up most of the tab.  Of course, this is a guess and I dont know.  

Edited by broncovet

• HadIt.com Elder

Roger that bronco

Growing up I had Cigna. 

Seems Delta Dental is ranked highly as well - https://www.thebalance.com/best-dental-insurance-providers-4169737

Now I have private ins through work but likely going to quit my job in one year because I'm 100% since I got out but not 100% yet. Plus go to the dental school across town twice a year for a student and the future hygienist to do a cleaning on my teeth.

Braces are a luxury not a right, so start saving for them for your kid. Mine were around around $3k growing up.