VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dental for son?

11cvolley

Question

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Have you checked as to what the "Limited Dental Coverage" entails?

I'm going to have to review my wife's CHAMPVA File. I know she get's all her RX Co-pays covered shortly after sending in the necessary documentation.

• HadIt.com Elder

https://nvf.org/champva-civilian-health-and-medical-program/

I Don't understand this

I am 100% p&t and champva don't cover her dental...well they do but she has a supplement with Delta Dental program and she has to pay co-pays for her dental work and some are expensive  but champ pays the 70%..I need to ask her? I know she gripes about having to pay the dentist almost every time. I think a child would be as the same?

• HadIt.com Elder

My spouse as the Metlife plan but still has a co pay  depends on the dental work they said   so for she has had to pay co-pay for most everything they do.

jfrei I been meaning to ask you this question

Did you get two  separate diagnose for your TBI & PTSD??? How was it rated?  like 70&for TBI  AND 70% FOR PTSD? or higher rating? or did they lump them both together and give one rated for them both?

IFso how did they state that rating in your decision?

Edited by Buck52

Champva is the best insurance plan money cant buy.  I suggest you call them.  You "might" just get your copays refunded, like my wife does on prescription drugs through Champva. 

My wife has gotten checks of 255, 56, and she is due another one.  You have to apply for the copays for prescription drugs.  

To get your copays refunded, submit this form with receipts, wait 4 to 6 weeks and you will get a check:

https://www.va.gov/vaforms/medical/pdf/vha-10-7959a-fill.pdf

Caution:  The champva check looks almost like the regular champva envelopes that no one opens and just throws away.  You would be throwing money away.  We almost did.