Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

BVA Question

Rate this question

Jamezam

Question

I just looked at my appeal status on Vets.gov and it says: "The Veterans Benefits Administration agreed with you and decided to overturn the original decision.
Say what, what does this mean? I haven't even had a hearing yet and have four combined appeals with 12 to 14 issues, waiting to be seen by the BVA.

Edited by Jamezam
Update

I am so Sorry to hear of this bud. I just had my Scars 30%, get Reduced to 10%, and without notice, exam anything. I truly wish you the best. Please keep us posted. God Bless

I recommend you not take Vets.gov too seriously, but instead wait for the envelope.  If its anything like ebenefits, then you can be sure its wrong about 80 percent of the time.  Rather than speculate on "ebenefits says....vets.gov says......, I recommend you wait for the envelope and official notification.  Then, you can decide if an appeal is indicated or not.  

To me, its kinda like your 8 year old neighbor kid, saying, "I think you will get your benefits".  Ok, that's nice.  Now run along and play.  

38 minutes ago, Navy04 said:

I am so Sorry to hear of this bud. I just had my Scars 30%, get Reduced to 10%, and without notice, exam anything. I truly wish you the best. Please keep us posted. God Bless

Thanks Navy04. From everything I've read, the VA can't just reduce your rating without giving you due process.

30 minutes ago, broncovet said:

I recommend you not take Vets.gov too seriously, but instead wait for the envelope.  If its anything like ebenefits, then you can be sure its wrong about 80 percent of the time.  Rather than speculate on "ebenefits says....vets.gov says......, I recommend you wait for the envelope and official notification.  Then, you can decide if an appeal is indicated or not.  

To me, its kinda like your 8 year old neighbor kid, saying, "I think you will get your benefits".  Ok, that's nice.  Now run along and play.  

Thanks broncovet. The information I have is directly from the ACE Examiner on my myhealthevet site.

2 minutes ago, paulcolrain said:

maybe the change is from direct service connection to secondary connection through your already service connected back..... if so that really not a change.

Thanks paulcolrain. It is already secondary to my lumbar spine condition.

You mentioned that having a lawyer might help your case.  I can say it can have a positive effect on your case.  The VA was pulling all kinds of shenanigans in my case but when I got a lawyer they got serious and started working on my case honestly.

46 minutes ago, vetquest said:

You mentioned that having a lawyer might help your case.  I can say it can have a positive effect on your case.  The VA was pulling all kinds of shenanigans in my case but when I got a lawyer they got serious and started working on my case honestly.

Only time, big brown envelopes, and the BVA will tell.