VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

AMC topic

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

I know many people have had their claims lost at the blackhole AMC why not add it as a topic on the forum list. It’s technically not the BVA but Washington DC not physically located at the RO. But if it’s considered apart of the RO the outcomes I’m sure are similar as the fact they can’t approve much when the retro is over 25k.  Can anyone tell me otherwise I decided to give the AMC a call directly? from an old post on here for the directors number at first they took my name number and email and said they would respond by email that was ten days ago. So I was getting annoyed with no answer so I called up my local senator who agreed with me and put in a congressional inquiry. I then called the AMC and they connected me to the guy working on my claim he was incredibly nice actually emailed me my decision and then being helpful said sign the waiver and will recertify it back to the board. Anyone else has an appeal remanded to the AMC?

The AMC is now the ARC (Appeals Resource Center). It is an arm of the BVA used to quickly "repair" an appeal that arrives incomplete at the Board. Say they forgot to issue an SOC on one part of your claim. The ARC will accomplish this and then send it back to the Vet. Law  Judge to be finally decided. Actually, if you signed a Waiver of Review in the First Instance at the BVA, a lot of tiem-consuming foolish remands would never happen. They could just send it over to the ARC (around the corner from 810 Vermont Ave. at NW at 1717 I street NW). The ARC just screwed  up one of my  BVA decisions up so they are not infallible. They also aren't so much a black hole anymore. They are simply inundated in BVA repair orders. 

The ARC is a "super RO". They do the exact same thing as your RO but we don't have to wait forever for them to bundle up the claims file (in paper) and UPS it back to Houston (or wherever) to fix it. The ARC performs their magic to get it fixed and promptly sends it back over to the Judge. And guess what. They hired 20 new judges to speed things up. Now it will only take 3-4 years in backlog instead of 5-6. Whoopee.

In 2015 they screwed up and gave me 100% all the way back to 1994. I didn't complain...

I was told yeah the Bva sent it back to the RO when I went to the RO they say I can’t give you an update it’s been certified to the board. I had the SoC in hand I said no it’s here it’s been remanded to the RO he looked at me stupidly sorry we can’t disclose information like that. I laughed that’s when i realized the SOC says back to the RO but vets.gov says AMC. So I took a chance google search found the directers of the AMC office called and in seconds someone picked up I was shocked. They said it’s funny you called we actually just sent your SSOC on June 1st  only six months later and they said they would email me and to sign the waiver so they don’t send squat to the RO but certified back to the board. So I did that last week they also politely uploaded it into my file so I didn’t have to go to a fax to send it into them in DC. I also sent a Statement of support discussing never in my claim did I claim a neck disorder but a skull fracture and you used the skull fracture in the language of denial for the neck disorder without every service connecting the skull fracture, which can’t be lumped in with my TBI 100 P and T because they lumped in a mental disorder with that already if I’m correct... man my claim has my head in circles but back to family this summer just was checking in

Super RO or just do what the lazy RO should be doing. I know this fight is petty but it’s a huge help from my two who are under 4 years old and wife stuck working a part time job due to my situation. It would be granting my P and T 100 from 2010 when i filed instead of when they did in 2016 when they did after they service connected my TBi, which had they done this in 2010 instead of the delay game for six years wouldn’t be an issue.... Yeha 10 percent is all they originally gave me and so the fight began I then became a member on here lol

Edited by jfrei