VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

AMC topic

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

I know many people have had their claims lost at the blackhole AMC why not add it as a topic on the forum list. It’s technically not the BVA but Washington DC not physically located at the RO. But if it’s considered apart of the RO the outcomes I’m sure are similar as the fact they can’t approve much when the retro is over 25k.  Can anyone tell me otherwise I decided to give the AMC a call directly? from an old post on here for the directors number at first they took my name number and email and said they would respond by email that was ten days ago. So I was getting annoyed with no answer so I called up my local senator who agreed with me and put in a congressional inquiry. I then called the AMC and they connected me to the guy working on my claim he was incredibly nice actually emailed me my decision and then being helpful said sign the waiver and will recertify it back to the board. Anyone else has an appeal remanded to the AMC?

Well ours was remand back to ro for farther development.  But we had signed a waiver to have the bva to make the decisions,  and they still remanded part of it back to ro!  

I was just informed by my rep yesterday that all demands were going to the AMC now. He gave the reason that the AMC took less time to complete a remand than the RO and all the reps complained about it. According to him the AMC took 200 days on average and the RO took around 500 days on average. I havent confirmed this with anyone else yet.

Even 200 hundred days is along time!  After someone has been waiting for yrs not days.  If you get an atty, does it move it any faster?  If you contact your congressman does that moved it any faster?.  And if you did not request a hearing but for it to be taken care of at bva and they still remand it back, to the incompetence that denied it in the first place.  I’m sorry to vent.

My case moved faster after getting an attorney since the attorney was able to threaten the local VA with a special filing if they did not complete my remand expeditious manner.  Contacting your congressman usually guarantees that your case will take longer.  Most congressmen do not give a smackaola about you.  His/her letter will make it so the VA has to go to the case and pull the case to respond.  Once the boilerplate response is given I can only bet the case goes to the bottom of the stack again.  Been there, ten years to complete my case. 

Edited by vetquest
spelling

• HadIt.com Elder

Ventquest

Just out of curiosity, how did you get your claims resolved after 10 years  appeals of continued prosecutions?

Be good tell your story for other Veterans that was or still in your type claim situation. 

Treysnonna, when I said reps I meant paid attorneys. Sorry for the misunderstanding. They are the ones who complained the remands were taking too long at the RO level. They felt like the vets who were paying for reps were being punished. But like I said, i havent been able to confirm anything yet. Supposedly this went into effect in April so...