Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anyone have 2 C&P exams for the same issue

Rate this question

P1031

Question

I am stressed and desperate for answers. I filled a claim for PTSD and anxiety relating to MST(Military sexual trauma). I had a C&P exam with a VA doctor. Fast forward I one month. I received a letter in the mail that VA is scheduling another exam for me with a private facility. 

Why would VA make me go through this again? It was tough to even get through the first exam. I can't believe I have to relive this crap again. I'm hoping this is a good sign. Anyone else have this happen, and what did it mean for you? 

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Great advice all around.

About 20 years ago, I did have two exams for the same thing, but a month apart. In that case, the VA was still relying on paper copies of the results. The doc misplaced the first results and brought me back in a month later to simply redo the exam. In your case, I believe what everyone else said in response to your question.

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

you didnt get a denial letter first off the bat,im p&t 100%,i had exams on chiropractor tables,about 8 p&t exams,it doesnt matter where you get it ,dont be afraid if its real,you have nothing to hide ,10 yrs at 30%,told i was going to die several times, the main service connected disability,causes other secondary ones it the most frustrating thing,lost more than i care to mention over it all,never ,never give up your guns or quit,very complicated,call a veterans service officer,an get advice they get things moving,good luck ,god bless america

I have had it happen twice and both times I was service connected for the claimed issue and then a related issue that I had not claimed.  Both time the related issue was "scars", both service connected at 0%, but service connected none the less.

Hope its good news, 

Hamslice

“There is no hook my friend. There's only what we do.”  Doc Holiday 

Both initial and still 0's.  The two scars (one foot, one face) are not rate-able, one I can not even see, but they (VA) are the ones who called me back in to look at them and service connected me for them.  I did not claim scars for either.

Back in the day we used to call JFHQ, WI (Joint Forces Head Quarters, Wisconsin) the puzzle palace.

Maybe that would be a good name for the VA. The "Puzzle Palace".

LOL,

Hamslice

“There is no hook my friend. There's only what we do.”  Doc Holiday