Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anyone have 2 C&P exams for the same issue

Rate this question

P1031

Question

I am stressed and desperate for answers. I filled a claim for PTSD and anxiety relating to MST(Military sexual trauma). I had a C&P exam with a VA doctor. Fast forward I one month. I received a letter in the mail that VA is scheduling another exam for me with a private facility. 

Why would VA make me go through this again? It was tough to even get through the first exam. I can't believe I have to relive this crap again. I'm hoping this is a good sign. Anyone else have this happen, and what did it mean for you? 

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Great advice all around.

About 20 years ago, I did have two exams for the same thing, but a month apart. In that case, the VA was still relying on paper copies of the results. The doc misplaced the first results and brought me back in a month later to simply redo the exam. In your case, I believe what everyone else said in response to your question.

you didnt get a denial letter first off the bat,im p&t 100%,i had exams on chiropractor tables,about 8 p&t exams,it doesnt matter where you get it ,dont be afraid if its real,you have nothing to hide ,10 yrs at 30%,told i was going to die several times, the main service connected disability,causes other secondary ones it the most frustrating thing,lost more than i care to mention over it all,never ,never give up your guns or quit,very complicated,call a veterans service officer,an get advice they get things moving,good luck ,god bless america

I have had it happen twice and both times I was service connected for the claimed issue and then a related issue that I had not claimed.  Both time the related issue was "scars", both service connected at 0%, but service connected none the less.

Hope its good news, 

Hamslice

Both initial and still 0's.  The two scars (one foot, one face) are not rate-able, one I can not even see, but they (VA) are the ones who called me back in to look at them and service connected me for them.  I did not claim scars for either.

Back in the day we used to call JFHQ, WI (Joint Forces Head Quarters, Wisconsin) the puzzle palace.

Maybe that would be a good name for the VA. The "Puzzle Palace".

LOL,

Hamslice