VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

No DRO Hearing

Rate this question

63Charlie

Question

Just received a VA big white envelope with the Statement of Case enclosed.

My NODs were for multiple denials for service connection of disabilities submitted over two years ago.

NO DRO hearing was provided, even though I had requested one when filing the NODs

All i was provided was where some DRO reviewed the evidence and denied it all.

Returned the enclosed VA Form 9 with no new and material evidence, and a request to send my appeal to the BVA for an in-person hearing at a VA office.

I wonder what the timeline will be for the hearing to be scheduled(St. Pete)?

3 more years, or less?

If you do what I did and walk into the RO ask for the DRO working on your file. Try getting him to certify it to the Board and explain to him or her was my case about not having your hearing. And if your looking at anything over 25k the RO won’t fork it out no matter what anyone says. I had my (Philadelphia) DRO hearing and came back the next day in October 2015 spoke with her, it was certified to the board and I only had a BVA review but still May 2016 BVA granted my appeal which turned out over 125k. Make sure if you do speak with your DRO point out that he missed your that you were supposed to have a hearing which was crucial to how your facts were going to be laid out...

Thanks jfrei for understanding my difficulties.

I am not capable to go argue with a DRO ,or anyone else at the VARO.

Let them do what they want and I'll have my day before a judge.

It has become obvious that my regional office has no intention of awarding me additional benefits.

Was advised by my wife that if I want a clear drink of water, then I need to go to the head of the stream.

I'll be treading water for awhile until I can get to the head of the stream.

I find the script interesting in the movie, "The Outlaw Josey Wales" when Chief Lone Waty said that a group of Indian tribal chiefs were told by the U.S. government officials that they should "endeavor to persevere", all the while  they were receiving the short end of the stick by the U.S. government.

I think that I shall endeavor to persevere.

If you have "documentation" that you requested a hearing yet were denied (due process) this could help you win.  I agree, that GS8's dont sign documents that result in 100k checks sent to the Veteran, unless their boss in directing them to do so.  They are pretty much all denied by the DRO. For that reason,   Alex says you should skip the DRO and go to the BVA.  I dont know if he has changed his opinion on that.  

• HadIt.com Elder
11 hours ago, 63Charlie said:

Thanks jfrei for understanding my difficulties.

I am not capable to go argue with a DRO ,or anyone else at the VARO.

Let them do what they want and I'll have my day before a judge.

It has become obvious that my regional office has no intention of awarding me additional benefits.

Was advised by my wife that if I want a clear drink of water, then I need to go to the head of the stream.

I'll be treading water for awhile until I can get to the head of the stream.

Can you tell us what their reason and bases of the denial was? for each denial?

you quoted''

''I am not capable to go argue with a DRO ,or anyone else at the VARO.''

this is what attorneys or VA Agent Reps Are for.

May I suggest the law firm I went with? Woods and Woods, (800)544-2108. They got me to 100%P&T and just won my BVA case for a much better backdate. They do take 20% if you win, but 80% is better than 0%. I wasn't capable of fighting my own case either. Something else, Woods and Woods, got a private doctor to look over my medical records and examine me. In my experience the VA doctors don't ask you the right questions or word them in a way that makes you think it doesn't apply to you.