• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Kingair

Medicare and other insurance

So after 4 years I finally was granted SSDI. 

I currently have TRICARE, VA and World Trade Center Health coverage. Do I need medicare?

Your age?   

This is kind of important.  If you are 65, then you have to decided permanently whether to opt in to part b or not.  

Part b is the part of medicare you have to pay for, its about 134 per month.  It includes doctor visits and doc bills.  

While I dont have tri care, it sound like you are familiar with it, and if its sufficient you probably dont need 3 kinds of insurance.   

Years ago I was an insurance agent and some people would buy 10 different insurance to cover the same thing.  You always knew you would make a sale tho I did not always do so, I told them they had enough.  

My spouse thinks the term "no insurance" is horrifying.  

She learned better.  She bought part b, and a prescription supplement (bad idea).  

So, Champ VA's has a co-pay with each perscription.  Some of these copays are 147 per month!

Well champva has their own med by mail, and its zero copay.   But you can not get it if you have any other (prescription) coverage.  

So, her prescription plan cost us more than 350 per month.  

we cancelled it, at my insistence, and she gets meds by mail.  We saved enough to buy a car by eliminating unnecessary insurance.  

I love how SSA calls me asks me if I want Part B I said no VA covers me for everything since I live. Ten minutes from their hospital and when it’s outsourced using choice it’s paid for so the Va said it’s not needed. Then elect me for B anyways I swear if I don’t check I wouldn’t have noticed. Is their a way to opt out now for B or is permanent I’m only 33?

I have Tricare and when I turn 65 I must change to Tricare for Life (only me since the rest of my family is under 65). I was told by Tricare that this is not an option for me. I have to sign up for Medicare part B (I am not positive on part A). Is what happens is Medicare becomes my primary and Tricare becomes my secondary.

Ok the facts-----

If you have tricare and go on social security at any age   the law requires you to sign up for Medicare part B otherwise you will lose tricare . That's the law. This applies to anyone with tricare,  spouses as well .

Part A Medicare is automatic, because you paid into it all those years prior to retirement Part A  only covers care inpatient care  , while part b covers  Outpatient only

Medicare becomes first payer Tricare second. If you are enrolled at a Military Hospital or  Clinic,  you will not pay co-pays. If you have both and get medical care off base normally you will not pay a copay with both., so it would be a waste to purchase addition health insurance.

Once you signup for Part B Medicare you will pay about $135.00 a month but you will not pay for tricare anymore.. also if your spouse is younger than you she/he retains Tricare and you must make payment for one person instead of 2 , if you have dependent children tricare payments remain the same for them.

https://tricare.mil/tfl