VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Why RAMP is not living up to expectations (Just my newbee 2 cents)

Rate this question

firedog974

Question

Hi all, 

New here, but want to share my experience with RAMP.  I came here looking for advice/ info/ direction, and it looks like some of you have had similar experiences with RAMP as I have had so far.  I have been in an appeal for almost 3 years now, I elected a DRO review.  During my appeal, I made contact with an old platoon mate who agreed to write a buddy letter on my behalf.    Since this was considered "new" evidence, the lawyers' office helping me said I should opt into RAMP as I now have new evidence.  I took their advice and went the RAMP route.  The VA received my RAMP package Aug 2018. Since then, nothing has changed.  When I call, they simply tell me my RAMP paperwork has been received but not processed.  I have been told, "I'm sending this to my supervisor to get resolved" only to call the next week to see nothing has changed.  While I understand I am well below their 125 day "approximate" window, I am at 90 days, making 125 seem impossible since I'm not even in the RAMP system.  This is typical VA in my opinion..... "it will be done in 125 days!"..... but it will take you 180 days to get into the system.  I'm pissed and think I should have stuck with my DRO review.  Maybe my experience is out of the norm, or maybe this is the latest trend in the VA lies....  Any input is appreciated. If I'm off base, please let me know.  I'm just in a world of pissed off right now,....

22 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

Deferral mitigation" is when a rater defers an issue and a VSR (likely) thinks the rater is wrong. A VSR can't trump a rater so s deferral mitigation is when the VSR sends it to the quality team for the override of what the rater asked for.

Thank you for explaining.  Hopefully since it is no longer needed, that is a good thing. 

I opted into ramp about Aug. 8, so, Im a little over 180 days.  Online, its been indicated that my claim has closed and a decision sent.  If our claims are "about average" , (and I have no way of know whether or not your claim is average), then your claim could be very close to a decision.  

It took about 190 days for them to complete mine. In the end, I believe that the outcome was correct (for the most part). I need to request my C-File to see why denied my Plantar Fasciitis claim, but other than that I am very happy with the outcome. 

Best of luck,

Patton

This, all total, makes three years and over a month (actually 14 years altogether, but 3 on this one).  I guess a few more weeks or months won't kill me. Just very frustrating no one can answer simple questions over the phone. I asked what the deferral mitigation was and got more (and better) info here than what the VA could provide.  This is just one step in my journey, that had been long and hard, so my frustration is at its peak.  Im just gonna keep on fighting the good fight, win or loose. Thanks to everyone ho gave info and words of encouragement. It helps!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use