VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

CBO Options for Reducing the Deficit: 2019 to 2028 Published Dec 2018

Rate this topic

• Founder

CBO Options for Reducing the Deficit: 2019 to 2028 - This CBO Report has been making the news. This post includes parts relevant to veterans. Nothing has been decided as of yet and some seem very unlikely but you never know. Forewarned is Forearmed.

https://www.hadit.com/cbo-options-for-reducing-the-deficit-2019-to-2028-published-dec-2018/

I hope this is not political but I think the CBO should be more concerned about payments and medical care to those who have never worked a day in their life.  Veterans earn their disability in peace time and war by putting their bodies on the line.  I suffered a career ending injury through no fault of my own and am paying the price today forty some years later.

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree with you Vetquest  most of us are in your shoes,

for me it was 46 years later.2002 I Worked up until my body would not let me...and then some

I  am hoping the Big 4 Will get this off the agenda and they cancel these proposals to All IU Veterans..it's just not fair at all...especially for the ones that already been awarded IU.

As I understand  veterans who are age 67 at the time of the proposed effective date 2020..will not be effected  but if a Veteran is turning 67  he/she could be on the chopping block/if this is passed that veteran will go back to his original disability's before the IU was Awarded.

I turn 67 this year July 2019...not sure if I am safe or not?

but this is only a proposal.....so for   eh!

• HadIt.com Elder

We need some one to give us IU Vets some insight on this or help break down this age limit of 67?  who will be effected and who will not?

Remember, Buck, this is an "option", not law.  There is no guarantee any of it will be passed into law.  However, I did read what you read, and you would be "grandfathered" in, as you will be 67 in 2019, and it only affects TDIU Vets over 67 as of year 2020.  You dont have anything to worry about.  

Every few years, "some politician" puts forth a plan to cut Vets benefits, especially TDIU in older Vets.  EACH time it goes "nowhere" for good reason:  There are 25 million Veterans and "no" politician can stay or get in office who loses not only the Veteran's votes, but there are millions more who are "in support" of the troops.   It would be political suicide for a politician to introduce legislation that would hurt Veterans.  The DAV, VFW, and a bunch more Vets groups would be on that like white on rice.  Its an "option" and not any proposed legislation, so they dont get all riled up about it, and we shouldnt either.  Vets get significantly more funding each year, no matter which party is in power.  NONE of them want to alienate Veterans.   Every politician for the past 30 years or so has claimed to be "for the Veteran", as he knew he would never get elected without the Vets and Veteran friendly vote.  

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use