VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Should I have been given a higher rating?

Rate this question

Fearless

Question

I was awarded 70% for my depression, but the Dr. noted intermittent inability to perform activities of daily living and intermittent inability to perform maintenance of personal hygiene.

She also noted that I had quit my job because depressive symptoms were making it difficult for me to go to work and perform my job.

Wouldn't the intermittent inability to perform activities of daily living and personal hygiene warrant a 100%?

20190118_075155_2.thumb.jpg.cd3d466ef3c449346baa21d6015aecfc.jpg

Edited by Fearless

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Fearless

The best part about this you have been SC. I am a MST survivor from 24 years ago i just got SC for PTSD/MST. Do not give up Please! That's what they want you to do.  Making sure you get what's entitled is not wasting your time. I think with the right Doctor IMO you MAYBE able to get a higher rating but it's hard to say because I need to see the Comp exam.

Stay strong!

Unique11128 

3 hours ago, Fearless said:

I rather not waste anymore time. I assumed that I did not qualify for tdiu because they never sent me the form with my decision, but according to the rules I do.

My psychiatrist never said I was unable to maintain SGE due to sc conditions, but he noted that I had quit my job and enrolled in 2 classes. The C&P examiner never said I was unable to maintain SGE due to sc conditions, but she noted that I had quit my job because of my depression; the mental health Dr. at the ER noted that I had quit my because of my panic attacks.

I have not held a job since October 2017.I am a young adult, and I am tying to get better. I want to work and not be supported by my parents, but it has been a rough year. 

I can't at the moment, but I will asap. 

Getting better takes time. You didn't begin to suffer from your depression overnight right?

I still suffer from my PTSD even though I have some good days and I feel ok.

You wont be completely better but you'll get better at coping with your symptoms of depression.

Try Voc Rehab and see if doing compensated work therapy will help you see if you're ready to work. If you're not ready, take some more time for yourself.

CWT helps veterans find work, interview skills, resume writing,etc.

It's a 90 day program through the VA and you get paid as a VA beneficiary,(you won't be a federal employee) but you get paid.

23 hours ago, SEALVET-33 said:

What if you left because the anxiety was too much and you really didn't want to get in trouble until you are able to cope in such situations from treatment. Would they not be able to consider that? 

Sealvet, the VA looks at quitting as you leaving your job voluntarily.  I was separated from my job because I could no longer perform the duties.  What I would suggest is to try and contact your former employer and ask them to do a letter about your difficulties on the job.  This falls under buddy letters and is given weight.

3 hours ago, SEALVET-33 said:

I find that human nature falls in line with the duty to sabotage, just like the VA. I am surprised your previous employer wrote that for you. I almost got into two fights and had several customers say that they didnt feel safe with me working there, and asked the supervisor to fire me. One of those customers wrote a long letter about it and the supervisors called me into the room to show it to me. I go back there and speak with HR to have them fill out the form and,...miraculosuly, it never happened, those things never happened and nobody wanted to write anything...they just said that I was a shy guy who kept to myself. 

What a bunch of liars.

Too bad you didn't make a video recording of this meeting.

With the VA, they lie, and their contractors lie,(job security) but video recording is totally prohibited.

Edited by 63Charlie