Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question on C&P Exam

Rate this question

Wayne TX

Question

I was asked the question at my C&P Exam last week if I can "work".....I responded to Examiner that "I have been retired since 2011." I can't do any kind of standing more than 30 minutes or any physical work anymore (age 70) due to a non s/c condition of low back pain (lumbar/muscle degeneration, and arthritis all diagnosed - all well documented with VA for years.........it is the reason I had to retire 8 years ago but again not a s/c disability as it did not occur during active duty.    I am s/c for other disabilities  totaling 50%. but unrelated to lower back pain. Does the VA Rater take that into consideration when you say  "retired since 2011?   The  reason I ask is because the Examiner never asked another question about can you "work" after I said been retired since 2011.  I was not asked why have I been retired for the past 8 years....she went right into another totally unrelated question.  Has anyone answered this question with a NO, and then not be asked any more followup questions????   Just curious? 

Edited by Wayne TX
adding

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

• HadIt.com Elder

Wayne TX

You could have Answered the examiner question like this

Well Dr I Have not been able to work in the last 7 years since 2011 due to my disability s.....you don't need to mention IU Claim...and see what the examiner said to that?

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

Also them examiner know why your there  they have excess to your files.

I had an examiner mention to me before he even started ask any questions  

''I See your hear for an Increase,'' I said yes sir...

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes, there is no shame in telling the doctor the truth.  If you were not there for an increase what would you be there for?  One exam doctor assumed that I was there to protect what I had.  I set him straight on that.  The VA doc was debating with himself as to my being entitled to 30% current rating and I was asking for 100%.

Vetquest......I told the truth and my medical evidence strongly supports my Appeal with two DBQ's and two IMO's .  John......I never brought up TDIU or made any claim for it to the examiner or anyone else.  Buck........in hindsight  I should have given a better answer instead of "I've been retired for 7 years" but my lower back pain is not s/c  (the reason) and  my actual s/c disabilities would not carry enough backbone to explain why I've been fully retired for 7 years.  What amazed me is that she did not ask why I've been retired for 7 years.   Why would VA ask that  kind of a question unless your filing for TDIU?    I personally know a Vet well who is scheduler rated under 100%  (60%) who works a full-time job earning 2x more income than his VA disability income. He told me it does not matter  -  if you can work you can still work - because a schedular rating is not TDUI.  I find it a bit hard to believe that a 100% schedular-rated Vet can work a full-time job and still draw a full disability check as well. Can anyone chime in on that as being correct? 

I am considering going to my RO to view my C&P exam results as they won't  be show up in the VA system anytime soon.  How long does it take usually for VES or QTS to get their  C & P reports sent to claimants' C-File?

I am in RAMP under HLR. How long do they normally take to reach a decision once the C&P Exam  has been done?  They're (ebenefits/myVethealth) saying an  estimated completion date could be up to July 30.......6 months??  That sounds excessive considering C&P is  now done.     

Edited by Wayne TX
added