Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

Hearing Coming Up

Rate this question

Dean

Question

• Chief Petty Officers

:huh: I got a letter the other day and was told that I have a hering in about 3 weeks. I do not know what is on my docket at all. I have so many things filed, I do not even know whatthings that the hearing is about. I have went through this before. It sux how they do not tell you in the letter that the hearing is about. When I call the idiots in Atlanta they tell me that they do not know. The person acted like it was a problem to just answer the phone. I finally found out what was on there but I can't count on her to be correct since she was trying to get me off of the phone every time she got finished with a sentence. I was writing this as I was on the phone.

I am thinking that Depression will be on the docket along with other things that I have filed. I have been trying to get service connected for depression for a long time now. The only way that I think that I can get them to do this is to explain to them that the depression is secondary. I have tried to get every doctor to put that in my records. I have been denied for this even though I gave them the record years ago to look at that this doctor put this on. Now I have to find that 1 paper in about 5 boxes of my files. I am going to try to get a copy of that record from the V.A. but it was years ago and the doctor is gone now.

If anyone has any idea's that can help me please send me an e-mail. I am going to be up to my neck in paperwork for the next couple of weeks. Thanks in advance.

I HAVE BEEN ON THIS VETERANS SITE SINCE THE BEGINNING AROUND 1997, This site has had many changes. All of the changes have been for the good of the site. T-Bird does her best to keep Veterans informed. This is the best Veterans Discussion Board on the Internet. I wish I was able to be on here as much as I used to be. The amount of post that it shows that I have made does not go back to when the site started. T-Bird had no idea that this site would ever get as big as it has grown. She is a big inspiration for a lot of Veterans. If it were not for this site, a lot of Veterans would not have ever had their claims won..QUOTEHelp a Veteran any time that you can. They need to be informed of the claims process...

E-mail.. dean@help-a-veteran.com

• Answers 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• Chief Petty Officers

Thanks for all of the support.

Now if I can just get over feeling like shyt. I called the V.A. about the problems that I am still having with my sinuses. I was told to come in tomorrow. The nurse seems to think that it could be TMJ. I told her that I have had TMJ before and it is almost like it but this time it is going to my teeth more. I am going to ask my V.A. doctor to do a C.A.T. scan of my head and neck. My private doctor has written for me to have a C.A.T. scan of the soft tissues of my neck. My lymph nodes keep swelling and getting hard. He say's that the lymph nodes staying hard is normal for some people. He had me feel his and they were the same way. My private doctor is a very good doctor and has always told me that I am good at diagnosing myself. This time he said to me that if the C.A.T. scan does not show nothing up, that it could be all in my head. I could tell that he did not want to say that to me. One reason might be because, I have been going to him almost every week sometimes twice a week. I did not like going to him that much but according to the V.A., I have not been going to the doctor every time that my sinuses hurt. This is making me look bad with my doctor, because he does not understand why I have been doing this. I normally would have just stayed at home in bed and tuffed it out. Now I am getting more depressed because my private doctor is starting to misundurstand me. He really is a nice person and asked me at the last appointment what I wanted him to do for me.

I am so doped up right now trying to stop this pain in my head that I ca't think clear.

This is what the V.A. makes us go through. In order to prove to them that we are really sick, we have to make our doctors wander why we are going to see them so much. That is the only way to get service connected though or to get an increase. I hope that someone reads this post and understands what they have to do in order to get service connected. I also hope that this post helps other veterans know what to expect before and after a hearing. I have read several post over the years about how a hearing went bad. I have also read post where a veteran wants to know what to expect at a hearing. I hope that my experience will help give some other veteran a guidline of what has to be done in order to get service connected. It takes knowing the Title 38 codes and doing what the code ask for. If a veteran thinks that something is service connected or a service connected illness has gotten worse they have to go by the laws to get what they deserve. I plan on putting together a plan of action for other veterans that are going through these things. I know that it has been done before, but I am going to give details of my experience and see if anyone else will give details of what they have experienced. This is one topic that can't be expressed enough. I have been to two hearings now. I have seen what it is like to be represented bad and good. I was trying to look some things up last night regarding my problems and a google search brought my case up on top of the list. I guess my case is one of a kind. There were only 430 hits on the topics that I was looking for and mine was first. I though that I was going to find something that I have not done. Strange that I could not find another case like mine.

I HAVE BEEN ON THIS VETERANS SITE SINCE THE BEGINNING AROUND 1997, This site has had many changes. All of the changes have been for the good of the site. T-Bird does her best to keep Veterans informed. This is the best Veterans Discussion Board on the Internet. I wish I was able to be on here as much as I used to be. The amount of post that it shows that I have made does not go back to when the site started. T-Bird had no idea that this site would ever get as big as it has grown. She is a big inspiration for a lot of Veterans. If it were not for this site, a lot of Veterans would not have ever had their claims won..QUOTEHelp a Veteran any time that you can. They need to be informed of the claims process...

Dean,

Oral infections are really insidious. I spent 7 years in and out of VA hospitals every 2 or 3 months with opportunistic

infections. While a long-term inpatient, I finally had the VA pull all my teeth and clean up the infections. Haven't been

an inpatient since!

Not suggesting that you have all your remaining teeth pulled, but at least have tooth, gum and jaw infection possibilities

thoroughly investigated.

Ralph

My nerves are a lot better. My sinus infection however has gotten a tooth infected I think. My teeth are messed up anyway and I think that the infection just drained to a weak spot. My daughter told me that I should file for the meds that I have taken through the years as the cause for my teeth to decay. I used to have good teeth. I even had too many teeth in my mouth and it caused them to be over crowded. Now I only have 18 teeth in my mouth. This will leave me with no molors on the bottem left side of my mouth. I do not do root canals. With my teeth the way that they are, it is not worth it. I have too many messed up teeth. They have been infected and have been eroding for the past 5 years. I can't get a root canal on my entire mouth. I plan on getting false teeth when I get my big check from this hearing. It is sad to have to get dentures at 38 years old. The hexavalent chromium causes teeth erosion also but I can't prove that is my problem (yet).

Thanks for all of the support.

Now if I can just get over feeling like shyt. I called the V.A. about the problems that I am still having with my sinuses. I was told to come in tomorrow. The nurse seems to think that it could be TMJ. I told her that I have had TMJ before and it is almost like it but this time it is going to my teeth more. I am going to ask my V.A. doctor to do a C.A.T. scan of my head and neck. My private doctor has written for me to have a C.A.T. scan of the soft tissues of my neck. My lymph nodes keep swelling and getting hard. He say's that the lymph nodes staying hard is normal for some people. He had me feel his and they were the same way. My private doctor is a very good doctor and has always told me that I am good at diagnosing myself. This time he said to me that if the C.A.T. scan does not show nothing up, that it could be all in my head. I could tell that he did not want to say that to me. One reason might be because, I have been going to him almost every week sometimes twice a week. I did not like going to him that much but according to the V.A., I have not been going to the doctor every time that my sinuses hurt. This is making me look bad with my doctor, because he does not understand why I have been doing this. I normally would have just stayed at home in bed and tuffed it out. Now I am getting more depressed because my private doctor is starting to misundurstand me. He really is a nice person and asked me at the last appointment what I wanted him to do for me.

I am so doped up right now trying to stop this pain in my head that I ca't think clear.

This is what the V.A. makes us go through. In order to prove to them that we are really sick, we have to make our doctors wander why we are going to see them so much. That is the only way to get service connected though or to get an increase. I hope that someone reads this post and understands what they have to do in order to get service connected. I also hope that this post helps other veterans know what to expect before and after a hearing. I have read several post over the years about how a hearing went bad. I have also read post where a veteran wants to know what to expect at a hearing. I hope that my experience will help give some other veteran a guidline of what has to be done in order to get service connected. It takes knowing the Title 38 codes and doing what the code ask for. If a veteran thinks that something is service connected or a service connected illness has gotten worse they have to go by the laws to get what they deserve. I plan on putting together a plan of action for other veterans that are going through these things. I know that it has been done before, but I am going to give details of my experience and see if anyone else will give details of what they have experienced. This is one topic that can't be expressed enough. I have been to two hearings now. I have seen what it is like to be represented bad and good. I was trying to look some things up last night regarding my problems and a google search brought my case up on top of the list. I guess my case is one of a kind. There were only 430 hits on the topics that I was looking for and mine was first. I though that I was going to find something that I have not done. Strange that I could not find another case like mine.

Dean,

When you get 100% the VA should pull,an fit you with dentures,free of charge. That is one place that I have always recieved only the very best of care. Dental Clinic. Good Luck!!

Edited by mymissie

• Chief Petty Officers

Trigeminal neuralgia.....................

Anyone ever had this problem? I am going to see my V.A. doctor tomorrow to check to see if this is my problem. I have all of the symptoms of this. This problem sux and hurts like hell.

• HadIt.com Elder

Years ago I developed a cyst pushing into my sinus from an impacted wisdom tooth. The dentist was shocked to find it because it was large and I had to go in for surgery. I just remember feeling a pain in my tooth shooting up into my sinus. I did not really think a thing of it until the xray.

The VA dentist here in Tampa seem to be very good and worked around my schedule to get me in for a blown root canal that had got infected. I would use them now for any serious dental work I had to do. I do not feel that way about many VA doctors or treatments.