VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

UPDATE on our APPEAL

Rate this question

Kelly Severance

Question

Hello Hadit friends!

I am so excited!  I logged into Vets.gov today and my husband's rating has finally changed.  His migraine percentage was updated to 50% and overall rating to 70%.  We have been waiting almost 14 months since the judge granted the increase on migraines.  Thank you Jesus!  I don't know how long we will have to wait on retro......but we are so happy to see this update!

Excellent news for you! I'm still waiting to hear about my granted stuff from July 2018. My remand is in prep for decision for 3 weeks now. Doc told me it was service connected so not sure the hold up. I'll just keep going to work until I drop lol. Those headaches are terrible I'm at 30 for them I get em a few times a month and sometimes they last a few days. Take care

5 hours ago, 25th Infantry for Life said:

Excellent news for you! I'm still waiting to hear about my granted stuff from July 2018. My remand is in prep for decision for 3 weeks now. Doc told me it was service connected so not sure the hold up. I'll just keep going to work until I drop lol. Those headaches are terrible I'm at 30 for them I get em a few times a month and sometimes they last a few days. Take care

25th, so your remand is in Prep, but nothing on your grant?  Usually the grant is worked first.  I wonder if they worked them together and "Prep for decision" is for both the grant and remand?

My husband's migraines are awful too.  Do you get Botox?

4 hours ago, Holllie Greene said:

Hi Kelly,

Wonderful news!!!  😀

Thank you Hollie!  I don't know if they are sending the retro now or not.  Ebenefits updated to the new percentage on saturday, but no retro yet.  I've read many times that once Ebenefits updates, it's only a couple of days before retro.....but nothing yet......

Congradulations on award.  My hubby got his partial award in May 30, 2018.  We have yet to receive any retro.  But he did retire out of navy/coast guard, so they have to do an aew(audit error worksheet).  And from what we can find out it is the Coast Guard holding it up.  They said part of it was the gov shut down.  But the only send them in once a month.    Now the remand they sent to Cheyenne Wyoming, our ro is St. Pete.  But they also did a c & p for his cads, which is service connected and  they are proposing to reduce it from 60 to 30. It was a messed up c&p.  They guy lied and put down that hubby could use a push mower to mow yard.  And he did not tell the c&p doc that at all.  My husband has fallen twice this week.  My daughter had to help him up. He is having a lot of problems with his ears now and sinisus, but I think it is due to to the cpap.  They put him on some kind of spray for his nose and 30 days  of the highest dose of penicillin.    The c&p doc also put that hubby did not have any hytrophy in his hearts left ventricular,  etc.  I down loaded papers from his last hospital stay in aug that said all that.  Left and right are both in larked and thickened.  He never even looked at it.  We still have not heard when or even if they are going to set up a hearing.  

Do any of you guys think that if we sent in iris and pointed out where it says he has hytrophy in left ventricular and both left and right atrium our in large and thickened.  Do you think they would go ahead and really stop the reduction?

Kelley, I hope you get your retro soon.  Hope we get ours too soon we owe my daughter for our bed.  Ha ha