VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Higher Level Review officer

Rate this question

KC3

Question

I have come up with the contact info of the Higher Level Review officer who reviewed my claim. The two issues in which the reviewer said I am to have new exams have been lost. I have exhausted 5 avenues over 4.5 months with NO help on the lost claims.

Is it appropriate to contact the HLR officer with regards to this? Before I contact my congressman I thought I might try this option.  

The simple answer is to go to the doc who performed these exams and ask for a copy, and send it to VA.  Make no mistake, if VA does not have your information, even if it is their fault they lost it, you will be denied.  Save your self time, get the applicable documents and send those in.  It will be much easier and faster to do that than to try to appeal, where you would still have to obtain those records.  

• Lead Moderator

So let me get a better grasp on this.  Do you see your claimed disabilities in on your claim?  Ebenefits or va.gov?

It kind of sounds like something which happened to me where the VSO said they submitted them and never did.  If they are not there you need to see why they were not appealed and get your VSO or a new VSO to add them.  You could also add them on ebenefits.

Contacting congress or the higher level review wont help..they dont have your records.  The law does not allow them to grant benefits unless you have DOCUMENTATION of caluza elements.  It sounds like one or more of the documents that has your nexus, or even diagnosis is in those documents va lost.  

There is no penalty for VA to lose your records.  That is why they do it so often.  

• HadIt.com Elder

What is a veteran suppose to do if they shredded his records?

Statements from veteran detailing what happen and that his condition was due to his military service...by writing in his report  and add his unit & location and dates he was there or when he came down with a condition  or if trauma  the dates and event the trauma happen .plus any buddy statements form your unit .

They will check all this out and if the veterans report/.statement is credible  then they usually go by that.

• HadIt.com Elder

Easiest thing to do is what Bronco stated; just go back and get the copies from the doctor's office that documents/supports your items that are lost. Surely that info will be on file and easily obtainable.Rebuild it from that.

My apologies for being vague.

I just got a certified copy of my  C file and everything is present in my records. My Health vet says RAMP claim is closed. Half my issues were denied (in which I received a letter stating reasons) 

Ebens says not SC for any of my issues. 

The other 2 issues (migraines and GERD) have a statement on form 21-6789  and the HLR officer states Duty to assist Error and states a new examination and medical opinion are required. 

An exam with MO for GERD is required. 

I just called the PEGGY to re open my complaint. This time I specified that they call and leave a message if I can't answer at that time.