VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Higher Level Review

Rate this question

paulstrgn

Question

I am filing a HLR for the decision on my hand, I discovered after I received my C-File from the VA that in my opinion the VA did not rate me properly for my hand and fingers.During the medical appointment the individual had marked my right hand range of motion as abnormal, and the gap for my index finger was 5 cm. My current rating on my hand is 10%, I believe it should be at least 20% now (30% might be a stretch if at all possible).

My question is I also need to file a HLR for my knees which were denied, do I file these two together or separately (the decision on the hand is from 7/2018 and the knees 2/2019)?  I believe (which means nothing) that the hand can be evaluated without another medical evaluation where the knees will need a new one (they were not properly evaluated). 

In my mind it is best to file them separately and at different times (the hand right away since the one year is almost up) and the knees once a decision is made on the hand. Should I wait (since the effective date would be the same no matter when I file) or do them both now?

That does make sense Vetquest.  I am hoping they don't need to go to the BVA, but with that said I am probably wrong and will wind up there with an appeal.

I am going over my C-File again and just realized that the DBQ submitted by the QTC doctor is full of false information. First I will take full responsibility for not calling the doctor out at the the time for trusting him.

I am looking at the DBQ for my knees which shows he did all types of test, he did not perform any tests at all. He only asked he a couple of questions which I answered. I told him the pain I had walking and climbing of stairs because my gait has changed because of my back. I walked stooped over most of the time while also limping to compensate for the pain in my back.  He did a DBQ for my back as well (I was asking for an increase) which is also full of non-performed exams/tests.

I feel like I should call QTC 800 number and report this doctor for all the false information he put in my DBQ (my only concern it might hurt me on future C&Ps). I will raise this issue in the HLR though. 

Plus because of this crap DBQ they are proposing to reduce my back from 20% to 10% because it has gone better (how I wish my back was better)  and to lower my nerve issue in both thighs from 20% to 0% because they have improved. Now mind you my thighs were never examined or even looked at, plus in my C-file they all show "Static" which I thought meant they would not im

As all veterans fully know, it is hard enough getting the ratings for our disabilities as it is, we certainly don't need doctors putting fake information on the DBQ. I am frustrated so much by reading this (it makes me want to scream).

I know at times when I write I ramble on so forgive me for that, I am just so pissed right now. Now I need a drink!!!!

prove.

You might get better rsults if you call the White House Hot Line    1-855-948-2311.

You will be filing what is called a Provider complaint.

But someone here did file a complaint directly with a contractor regarding their C & P and they got another C & P exam right away.

I posted all of the Provider contact info , for QTC, LHI, and VES her, e available under a search.

I filed a Provider complaint last week with the WH Hot line.

The provider however, was a VA doctor who is actually employed by VA,  but the man who took the complaint said that was the form he had to use.

"Provider" has become a nuanced word the VA uses these days-they are filling their VAMC with non VA health professionals who are under a contract with QTC,VES, and LHI-to provide medical care, called "providers".

While many of them might be excellent doctors, nurses etc- they also might be the same ones who write these lousy C & P exams, and as I mentioned before here- if they cause a VA patient harm or death, they cannot be charged under FTCA, and th VA will deny right off the bat any Section 1151 claim against their negligence. 

Any of you can check the Provider Link from VA I put here, to see if your VA health care professional is really a VA doctor.

• Lead Moderator
9 hours ago, paulstrgn said:

I am going over my C-File again and just realized that the DBQ submitted by the QTC doctor is full of false information. First I will take full responsibility for not calling the doctor out at the the time for trusting him.

I am looking at the DBQ for my knees which shows he did all types of test, he did not perform any tests at all. He only asked he a couple of questions which I answered. I told him the pain I had walking and climbing of stairs because my gait has changed because of my back. I walked stooped over most of the time while also limping to compensate for the pain in my back.  He did a DBQ for my back as well (I was asking for an increase) which is also full of non-performed exams/tests.

I feel like I should call QTC 800 number and report this doctor for all the false information he put in my DBQ (my only concern it might hurt me on future C&Ps). I will raise this issue in the HLR though. 

Plus because of this crap DBQ they are proposing to reduce my back from 20% to 10% because it has gone better (how I wish my back was better)  and to lower my nerve issue in both thighs from 20% to 0% because they have improved. Now mind you my thighs were never examined or even looked at, plus in my C-file they all show "Static" which I thought meant they would not im

As all veterans fully know, it is hard enough getting the ratings for our disabilities as it is, we certainly don't need doctors putting fake information on the DBQ. I am frustrated so much by reading this (it makes me want to scream).

I know at times when I write I ramble on so forgive me for that, I am just so pissed right now. Now I need a drink!!!!

prove.

Berta is right.  Buck gave me the best advice and got favorable outcome.  

Go to your VA hospital and talk to the Comp and Pension officer.  Which used to do C&P exams, but now overseas them all!  Talk to them and file the complaint!  I did this at around 9 am later that evening at 3 or 4 I got a call and had an appointment this upcoming Monday.  They can make changes, and they can find someone else to give you an evaluation!.  

@Berta I will call the White House hotline and tell them my complaint about the C&P I received from the QTC doctor. I honestly wish I could sue this doctor for malpractice and being incompetent. It's doctors like this that give the rest bad names.

@shrekthetank1 I might do that, but to be honest I have only been to the VA hospital three times, once to get an ID (which I could not get since I did not have a utility bill with me), the second time was for an eye exam and the third one for an annual check up. The doctor who gave me the check up never looked at me and only read lab results from a previous annual exam I had at Ft. Eustis. At the end we will see you next year, needless to say I never went back. But if it corrects the issue it would be worth going back to the VA hospital again.