Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

IU after Retirement

Rate this question

paulstrgn

Question

I was talking about this in another thread but as @Buck52 said I don't want to hijack someone else thread.

I will be retiring from the federal government around the end of October, I will be receiving a retirement check from them, I am also retired from the Air Force. My quest is can I get IU even though I am retired?

Once I retire I will also go to the VA Voc ReHab. I am also hoping (like everyone else on this site) to get to 100% P&T I almost there now.

If I do get 100% P&T is there any need to pursue IU?

I am not an attorney or an a credited VA rep. These are my personal opinions and experiences, always remember what worked for me may not work for you.

You as the veteran are your own best advocate and no one knows your disabilities better than you. It is highly recommended that you as the veteran research and verify that any opinion given meets your specific situation.

Thankfully I am not paying for it directly...except it does come from our tax dollars!!!!!

I am not an attorney or an a credited VA rep. These are my personal opinions and experiences, always remember what worked for me may not work for you.

You as the veteran are your own best advocate and no one knows your disabilities better than you. It is highly recommended that you as the veteran research and verify that any opinion given meets your specific situation.

50 minutes ago, paulstrgn said:

our tax dollars!!!!!

exactly my point. You live Virginia I know for sure they had a closer doctor.. LOL

either way you got diagnosed by a Pet Shrink...I would dine out on that for a month hehehehe

She was a good pet shrunk though...plus she marked all the right boxes so I got the 50%.

Seriously though she listened and she asked the right questions. She seemed to care.

Perhaps the doctor I will see next week will be a tank driver/medical doctor...lol

17 minutes ago, paulstrgn said:

She seemed to care.

@paulstrgn

That is good and I am sure she is legit. but being seen by a Pet Shrink sent by the VA is funny on all counts.

17 minutes ago, paulstrgn said:

a tank driver/medical doctor.

@paulstrgn

there ya go. The GIG Economy in action hehehehe