Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ready to submit for increase. Seeking advice.

Rate this question

USMCVMO

Question

Hello all - I think I am ready to submit a claim and want to make sure I have everything covered.  

I am currently 50% for a back injury which I was approved years ago.  At that time, I also submitted for cervical spine which they deemed not service connected.  I did not appeal.  My neck worsened over the years and I am going to try again with more evidence to get rating increased.   The previous DBQs were handled by my private physician with no VA doctors involved.  I have the following ready to go this time.

1.     Updated cervical DBQ showing worsened results from the previous one.

2.    Letter from private physician stating he believes it is highly probable my condition is service connected.  Aka Nexus letter.  

3.    A buddy letter whom I had lived with during my enlistment stating my complaints of neck issues were present during my service.  

4.    My own letter in support of claim.

With this in hand can I mail this in  myself or do I need to see the VSO?  It’s a rather long wait around here.

Am I missing anything?  If there is private help here for someone experienced to review these I have them all electronically.  

Thank you all during this Memorial Day Weekend.

• Founder

You can go to a service officer Amvets, dav any of those and Irkutsk free you shouldn’t have to pay 

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

11 hours ago, Tbird said:

You can go to a service officer Amvets, dav any of those and Irkutsk free you shouldn’t have to pay 

I have used the VSO nearby (Chicago)  I just feel a bit rushed through every time I go and the wait can be very long.    It's not their fault , they want to help -  they are just overloaded.   I understand I do not or should not have to pay, but if there is a service that would spend more time with me I would prefer to pay to get extra attention.   

10 hours ago, USMCVMO said:

if there is a service that would spend more time with me I would prefer to pay to get extra attention.   

No services that I know other than a lawyer.  

22 hours ago, USMCVMO said:

I would really just like to have someone go over everything and make sure I have the best chance of success.  It well worth it to me.  

Once you redact your file and send it you will have people who are better than most VSO's looking at your file for free.