Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Reevaluation

Rate this question

russ209

Question

Hello all haven't posted on here in a while. A few weeks ago I was getting phone calls from a non va agency to schedule an exam. At first I was shocked. I have been 100% total for ptsd since march of 16 previously was 70% from 2007 until I was rated 100 in 2015. I also have 10% for tbi 10% for TBI and had my migraines increased from 0 to 30% sometime earlier this year. Thats an overview of everything I have.

So should I be worried that the VA scheduled me a reeval before 5 years? I have been getting treatment on and off and been on medicine on and off the last for years and this kinda blindsided me.I already completed the appointment and I cannot find any notes on my blue button. Nothing has changed since I was awarded the 100% except the increase in migraines. Still have my wife as my caregiver and currently going through the reevaluation for ssdi as well. Stay safe Russ.

You should not have a reduction take effect if you appeal the decision.  When you get your letter appeal saying that you were scheduled for a C&P and attended that C&P and the you were not informed about the second appointment.  It is highly unusual that they would have two C&P's two months apart for the same condition.  I have had this occur to me but they were setting me up to deny.  I am not saying that is your case just that it can happen but usually does not.  If your first C&P was favorable that gives you some ammunition to fight it too.  Please go to the regional office release of information office and see about getting that C&P.

9 minutes ago, vetquest said:

You should not have a reduction take effect if you appeal the decision.  When you get your letter appeal saying that you were scheduled for a C&P and attended that C&P and the you were not informed about the second appointment.  It is highly unusual that they would have two C&P's two months apart for the same condition.  I have had this occur to me but they were setting me up to deny.  I am not saying that is your case just that it can happen but usually does not.  If your first C&P was favorable that gives you some ammunition to fight it too.  Please go to the regional office release of information office and see about getting that C&P.

Would the VSO be able to pull the notes from the C&P exam? I just checked my blue button and nothing is on there.

2 hours ago, russ209 said:

Would the VSO be able to pull the notes from the C&P exam? I just checked my blue button and nothing is on there.

No, this is something that you need to get from the Regional office, if they already have it.

• HadIt.com Elder

I believe Shrekthetank1 is correct...you can get this report from release of records desk at your VAMC sign the ROI...you will need to wait more than the regular 3 days  more like a week or two before Its copied into the VA Files..ALL VETERANS HAVE A RIGHT TO THEIR MEDICAL RECORDS AND THIS INCLUDES EXAMINATIONS./and notes.

11 hours ago, Buck52 said:

you can get this report from release of records desk at your VAMC sign the ROI.

Buck, are you and @shrekthetank1 saying that a NON-VA C&P will be available from the VAMC?

The OP does not say it was done at the VA by the VA, in which case it would end up under the Blue Button. But as I understand things, and i could be wrong, but Non-VA C&P exams do not get forwarded to the VAMC and are not included under the Blue Button.

can either of you help clarify that for me?