VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Why do RO's try to stop 100%

Rate this question

ShrekTheTank

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Great Question, Shrek. I don't know for sure but for my 2 cents, I think that there is an official or unofficial measurement taken by all the RO's in the country, and they don't want to have the most 100%. Sounds stupid, I know, but like you say, they pretty much pull out all the stops to not let it happen.

• HadIt.com Elder

But..."DON't GIVE UP!  Don't let the ba.....ds win." Best advise I got from my Veteran friend  a long time ago, and I repeat it all the time. Keep on slugging, brother.

The VA pays out "about" 30 times more to Veterans who are 100 percent, vs Veterans who are at 10 percent.  (10 percent is about 100 per month, while 100 percent Vets get around 3000 per month).  

So, the VA makes it about 30 times more difficult to reach the 100 percent milestone.  

I know as I was getting closer the VA wants to reduce two of my disabilities. They put the reduction on hold in my case until they determine what my BVA grant percentages work out to be. I know I will get 50% for SA but I am not sure on the hypertension (I need at least 20%) to have 100% in disabilities without using my MH disabilities (I want P&T). But I do think the VA does not like to give the 100%.

The VA seems to have forgotten why they are in business, because of us veterans.

Even though we are no longer active duty we must keep fighting for our rights! JMO