VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

TBI and PTSD VES exams

Rate this question

chamilton

Question

hello all! 

question I contacted my Vet Rep yesterday to see the progress of my PTSD and TBI claim for increase (currently 20% overall with service connected PTSD and TBI both at 0% each) I was in the Marines 0311 with multiple tours in the sand, anyways.  I originally only put in for a PTSD increase, VA put me in for exam with VES all went well Dr. has final report in 7-10 days post exam. Then I get called in again through VES on Residuals of TBI, from what my Vet Rep says per the report the PTSD Dr said she could not separate systems of ptsd and tbi, and she recommended i see a TBI dr.  so another couple weeks go by I have that appointment.  my appt. was july 22nd. here we are at aug 28th and the VA has not revived my TBI from the Dr. I have called VES the VA and Vet rep all are kinda giving me the same "sit tight". I have never done a claim for increase before I and literally just got a ebenfits like 3 weeks ago. I have been out for 10 years and the official time the va rec. my claim was june 5th 2019.

I saw on ebenfits a page where you could ask the va to make a decision on your claim, should I do this or wait longer? ebenfits says est. completion time of sept 2nd thru oct 4th.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

You can request a decision be made, BUT I would not do so UNLESS you are certain VA has all your evidence.  The only way to "be sure" VA has all your evidence is to review your VBMS file with your VSO.  He may/may not be willing to do that with you.  

Even if you have a copy of your cfile, that information is outdated by the time you get it, as new evidence can be added any day, any time.  

Please go with broncovet's advice and sit tight, he is one of the best.  It sometimes takes the same amount of time whether you request your case move forward or not.  Making you wait is a game the VA has perfected.

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree with the advise already given. It is best to wait and it hasn't been an unreasonable amount of time. Your claim is taking the proper steps to cover everything. I also think, and this is just a gut feeling, that when you ask the VA to do something "extra" (like do their job), there is a tendency for things not to go as well as it should for you. Again, IMO only. As we say, get yourself a hobby for a while.

Have the same thing going on with me.  PTSD increase C&P (which went terrible), then TBI C&P (which went great).  Couple weeks later got called in for headaches and smell/taste alteration C&P by QTC.  It is deferred for the time being.  It is complicated and I'm sure they just want to make sure they get it all separated correctly.  

Edited by El Train