VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Why not start a new forum on children of AO exposed vets and grand children?

Rate this question

jamescripps2

Question

This WRDW News Investigates broadcast was aired on the 6:00 & 10:00 news in Augusta Ga. on 9/25/2019. This is the first of a series,  more will follow.

This link will work, click on the link, when page not found comes up, look five stories down on the right side of the screen and click on

I TEAM INVESTIGATES OFF SPRINGS. If you have trouble, see my next post in this thread.

https://www.wrdw.com/content/news/I-TEAM-Could-the-children-of-those-exposed-to-Agent-Orange-at-Fort-Gordon-als

Edited by jamescripps2

Oh I am not suggesting that Tbird- the DIC and AO info is very important but as far as I know VA will only compensate Spinal Bifida in children of any veteran who served incountry -Vietnam.

I imagine there is only a small number of adult children with AO Spinal Bifida, directly due to their parent's AO exposure, who are compensated for it. 

When the AO IHD regs came out in 2010, we now have 142 pages of search posts and replies , for that.

I didnt check Hairy Cell B, or Parkinsons but those  AO presumptives as well, brought AO vets  here.

Blue Water veterans- who sure might well have one or more of the AO presumptives, have never gotten any AO comp  and never would , until HR  299 and Procopio were won. If they fall under Nehmer, as many have been denied in the past for AO conditions, I have plenty on Nehmer in the AO forum and have a NVLSP lawyer contact person already, as I did in 2010 with Rick Spataro (NVLSP)

My point was that birth defects and Spinal Bifida in children ( and adult children of Vietnam Vets) is a very serious subject and yet it takes a lot of work ( and medical study groups such as NAS, etc etc,) to make a valid association between AO and anything else not on the presumptive list, to get it on the list.

It is a good idea James had,to at least try and attract others here  who could possibly help bring this to light with Congress , but unlike HR 299, it will take Strong medical evidence.It is great that one vet is anxious to see if his friend Matt could get compensated for his Spinal Bifida, due to James' topic.

For example, when I saw that a vet had his Hypertension service connected to AO recently at the BVA, using the 2018 NAS report of a "sufficient" association of HBP to AO (far better then past "suggestive" associations of many  AO presumptives, I gave info on that in the AO forum and filed a claim myself, as accrued, because VA said my husband's HBP was "essential"- which mean medically there is no known cause, but the National Academy of Science found AO as a  "sufficient" cause. The BVA vet had an IMO. I have an IMO as well- as it ( HBP)was part of the malpractice FTCA case I had. My IMO is from the top cardio at VA Central.

My accrued 1151 HBP claim was granted  few years ago.

I also made a strong argument to Sec Wilkie about the AO HBP issue and threw in another presumptive he should consider. The HBP in my husband's case has never been deemed as secondary to any other AO condition he had-so they have no way out on the claim.

Nothing is impossible!!! the Vietnam veteran families of children with birth defects have to get together and even start their own web site if needed....and get some Congressmen/women  and Senators to, at least, get NAS,or some other authoritative entity ,  to do a thorough study on the birth defect/AO  issue. 

Propublica and maybe a few other sources are interested in this issue.VA isn't........yet.But as a member of BWNVVA myself, I know how hard work can pay off. Two of their top advocates are civilians....determined and relentless.

That is what these issues take.And NEVER giving up.

Edited by Berta

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I agree with @Berta, that information can very helpful