VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Buddy statement additional info needed.

Rate this question

El Train

Question

So I get a letter from VA stating they need additional info on a buddy statement.  Wanting service entry and exit time frame.  Pretty sure they have this info if they look up the individuals dd214.  I had a hell of a time locating this person to even do it in the first place.  It'll be the same the second go round.  I'm not sure what will happen if I don't get this info to them by the due date.  Which is a few weeks.  

The buddy statement only solidifies my case.  But probably not entirely needed since I have 4 different Dr's state 'At least as likely as not' caused by incident in the service and medically documented.

Any insight is helpful. 

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

If you got the buddy letter, I'm sure he will be glad to provide the back up info to make your evidence stronger. You may not need the buddy letter, but complete the info so they can consider it anyway.  Do it!

Try to get this information as soon as possible.  If you miss the date and they deny you then you can file a supplemental appeal.  If they award you then you file the buddy letter away for future fights.

I agree with everyone above. I am sure the person who wrote your buddy letter won't mind giving you that info. I know I wrote a buddy letter for a friend and I actually sent him a copy of my DD214 to go with it.  But as mentioned above get it and submitted the requested information as soon as possible.

To me it sounds like they believe the buddy letter, now they just need to make sure the timeframe they were in matches the dates mentioned in the buddy letter.

Good luck