VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

P&T, is he safe?

Rate this question

allansc2005

Question

Morning folks,

Got a veteran who's IU P&T, whose conditions are worsening. He would rather have the 100% scheduler because he want's to work.

Sadly, somebody has been telling this veteran to not "rock the boat" with the VA, and not file for an increase for his SC vertigo and hearing conditions.

It's my understanding that unless there is some evidence of unlawfulness, that P&T means just that, Permanent and Total.

The veteran is 62, if that makes any difference.

Given the above, are there any reasons why the veteran shouldn't file in order to try for 100% scheduler?

Thanks.

Allan 2-2-0 HUAH!

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
3 hours ago, allansc2005 said:

Ironically, most of your advice applies to my situation as well!

Glad to help. Been doing the VA rodeo since 1995 and learning ever since how the red tape is supposed to work.

Vync

Know anyone who's good at interpreting hearing test results?

I posted the results of my hearing test from 11/11/2019, but nobody seems to be able to translate the test into layman's terms.

Allan 2-2-0 HUAH!

If ANYONE can interpret this hearing test attached here, I would appreciate it.

Hearing test results.pdf

Edited by allansc2005
Attachment

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I don't know much about ear ratings aside from being SC for tinnitus.

Here are links to the VA rating criteria for hearing. You might find your answers there. Hopefully someone will post a response to your hearing test results. You may want to add a comment to your topic so it gets bumped up to the recent updated posts.

§4.85   Evaluation of hearing impairment.
§4.86   Exceptional patterns of hearing impairment.
§4.87   Schedule of ratings—ear.
§4.87a   Schedule of ratings—other sense organs.

• HadIt.com Elder
12 hours ago, allansc2005 said:

@Vync,

Yes, he's TDIU.

The guy wants to go back to his old job, which from my understanding, isn't on of those "sheltered" jobs you mentioned.

Allan 2-2-0 HUAH!

UPDATE: Also note that the VA has done away with the Annual Income Statements for veterans who are TDIU. I got my letter from the VA earlier this year stating I no longer needed to provide the statement, and it's my understanding, it's true for ALL TDIU vets.

Your most likely correct   however

Just to be safe I always tell TDIU P&T Veterans to send in the 21.4140 every year ...if you got a letter from the VA stating you don't need to send it in   then that is good for you,  but until a Veteran gets the letter for them self   I'd send in the Employment Questionnaire.

It's true they watch the SSA for work records or reported Income and the veteran needs to let the VA know HE/SHE went back to work , if they don't  and VA fInds out they did  this could cause that veterans some problems   like Proposal to reduce his/her benefit's.

So just to be on the safe side   and if a Veteran does NOT get this letter  its better to be safe than sorry. send in the 21-4140

• HadIt.com Elder
12 hours ago, allansc2005 said:

@Vync,

Yes, he's TDIU.

The guy wants to go back to his old job, which from my understanding, isn't on of those "sheltered" jobs you mentioned.

Allan 2-2-0 HUAH!

UPDATE: Also note that the VA has done away with the Annual Income Statements for veterans who are TDIU. I got my letter from the VA earlier this year stating I no longer needed to provide the statement, and it's my understanding, it's true for ALL TDIU vets.

Your most likely correct   however

Just to be safe I always tell TDIU P&T Veterans to send in the 21.4140 every year ...if you got a letter from the VA stating you don't need to send it in   then that is good for you,  but until a Veteran gets the letter for them self   I'd send in the Employment Questionnaire.

It's true they watch the SSA for work records or reported Income and the veteran needs to let the VA know HE/SHE went back to work , if they don't  and VA fInds out they did  this could cause that veterans some problems   like Proposal to reduce his/her benefit's.

So just to be on the safe side   and if a Veteran does NOT get this letter  its better to be safe than sorry. send in the 21-4140