VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

P&T, is he safe?

Rate this question

allansc2005

Question

Morning folks,

Got a veteran who's IU P&T, whose conditions are worsening. He would rather have the 100% scheduler because he want's to work.

Sadly, somebody has been telling this veteran to not "rock the boat" with the VA, and not file for an increase for his SC vertigo and hearing conditions.

It's my understanding that unless there is some evidence of unlawfulness, that P&T means just that, Permanent and Total.

The veteran is 62, if that makes any difference.

Given the above, are there any reasons why the veteran shouldn't file in order to try for 100% scheduler?

Thanks.

Allan 2-2-0 HUAH!

Thanks Buck, GBArmy,

I have posted the results of my audiology exam a few times here, but I guess nobody, except broncovet can interpret  it.

The Audiologist did write "Mild to moderately severe hearing loss..", so I can only assume that my now 0%  SC for hearing will get some kind of increase. Hell, that 0% was from 1990, so there is no doubt it's worsened.

Allan 2-2-0 HUAH!

broncovet where are you?((((ECHO))))

One last question Buck/GBArmy..

I'm TDIU P&T, and have had the 0% for the ear since 1990, IF the claim favors me with an increase, will there be any back pay?

Thanks.

Edited by allansc2005

Looking at your audiogram, it would appear the Average Maryland CNC is in the 40 to 50 decibel range.  

Yes, he could file for 100 percent schedular, but that hearing loss is insufficent to get there (by itself).  

My bilateral hearing loss is about 55 decibels (so its worse) and my hearing loss is only rated at 20 percent.  

• HadIt.com Elder

I would file for increase and let them figure it out  your hearing loss shows to be at least 50% worse than it was in 1990.

if you don't get retro fight them over it  because they will try to say   if your hearing loss is worse  they will try to say your retro is from the date you filed for increase...I'd agure the fact that back in 1990  you were service connected for hearing loss at 0%  ok all these years it has GOT WORSE I'd find me a good Attorney and fight the EED.  For Boo -Coo Retro.

I believe the rating should be at least 50%   with Moderate hearing loss  but they look at the numbers  as broncovet mention   so it  maybe a 30% either way you should show a higher % in your s.c. hearing loss.

if you file for increase after  19/20 years  I'd get about 6 Notarized lay statements from family and friends  that have known you the past 20 years or so or longer and have them to comment on your hearing loss  say things like

Hello, my name is John Smith Jr,  Allan is my Uncle and I have notice his hearing for a long time  I have to repeat myself to him because he has a very hard time with his hearing  ect,,,ect,,, and my uncle always says What  what did you say? huh??   ect,,,ect,,,  My uncle has a very hard time with his hearing and understanding what people say to him. ect,,,ect,,,

They need to put their full names address and phone # and describe how they know you  and get these notarized and signed.

• HadIt.com Elder

Its hard to get 100% for hearing loss unless your totally deaf and have to learn hand sign language

Age is not a factor as for as how they rate hearing loss.

jmo

• HadIt.com Elder

Allan

if your IU  for some condition other than hearing loss and your S.C. at 0 % for your hearing loss  then if you file for an increase on your hearing loss and it has got worse and you get a 50% rating or higher  you could get SMC S..

.NORMALLY IF YOU HAVE IU FOR A S.C. CONDITION  AND THEN YOU FILE FOR ANOTHER CONDITION AND YOUR SERVICE CONNECTED FOR THAT CONDITION  AND THAT CONDITION GETS WORSE up to 60%

...YOU SHOULD  FILE FOR INCREASE   ITS A POSSIBILITY THAT IF THE RATING IS HIGH ENOUGH  YOU SHOULD GET SMC S

The Special Monthly Comp  is in addition to what you already get from the IU.  SMC S is about 335.00 more added in  depending on your dependents

Edited by Buck52