VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

More retro=longer decision time?

Rate this question

allansc2005

Question

Afternoon folks from sunny Palm Beach, it sure doesn't feel Christmas(y) here, but another day in paradise!

Got an Email on Ebenefits/va.gov this morning telling me my original decision date for my already SC claim increase has been moved from 12/22/2019 to 03/14/2020.

ALL evidence was submitted, including results from C&P exams, and accepted back on 11/18/2019, as per conversation with VA toll free number.

Two of the increase claims dated back to 11/20/1990, and one increase claim dates back to 03/18/2010. These we all included in this claim dated above.

VA also informed me on Ebenefits that nothing else was needed or required.

I've gotten all kinds of opinions on why the delay is taking place; everything from "It's the holidays" to "The VA has cut back on the number of people working on these claims"

Got one interesting email this morning here from a seasoned hadit.com member who suggested that "The amount of retro involved is more than likely the reason for delay.."

Is there a long drawn-out process that has to happen when paying out retro? More retro=longer decision time?

All input welcome.

Allan 2-2-0 HUAH!

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

@GB,  Grouper are just delicious IF you catch the right size and species of them.

Also, though gators have been seen in the canals, they rarely come out on the beaches, or swim the ocean.

Unlike their saltwater cousins crocs, gators generally hate salt water.

We actually have a "pet" gator named Charlie who swims one of the canals, he keeps the snakes in check, and for what ever reason, he just doesn't go after humans.

Allan 2-2-0 HUAH!

Well, I am completely convinced that more retro = longer wait time.

I have two issues on appeal and one issue goes back to 1973.  I do believe that when the RO staff sees that date they scratch their ass and bury the file.  It has taken 8 years to finally get the claim certified to the BVA  Yeaaa.  I have been told that 7 - 8 years is the new norm to get a claim certified to BVA.  I believe that those claims prolly have a retro amount that scares the giibbberrs out of RO people so it gets dusty and when people see a dusty file they think something is wrong with it, like a house that sits on the market too long.

Even tho my attorney is Mr. Ken Carpenter, the claim has been lingering and collecting dust at the RO. 

I am also convinced that having an attorney does not speed up a claim.   Having an attorney does help with having your i 's dotted and your t 's crossed.

Regards

Edited by hurryupnwait

@hurryup, the last time I got a sizeable retro, it took about 5 months(lower 6 figures), and that was 2016.

My understanding now is that there are 5 "signatures" required for anything over 20K,  and anything100K+ can take anywhere from 3-8 months to approve, and into your bank account.

There is a "process" for receiving a sizeable retro, but I can't seem to find out what it is.

I would have thought Berta would  chimed in on this thread by now, but nobody has seen her around lately.

Allan 2-2-0 HUAH!

• HadIt.com Elder

AllanSC2005

I think they can expedite the retro if you have an emergency  or Homeless  they can speed things up  if you are in Dire Straits or about to lose your home  ect,,,ect,,, call the 1-800 ask

The sad part is there are too many vets who are broke and either homeless or on the verge of losing their home.

13 minutes ago, allansc2005 said:

Crown & Coke(cola)!

Glad to hear it's cola....hahaha