VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

4 years fight... finally 40%!

Rate this topic

HG1

Finally got 40% after fighting with the VA for over 4yrs. WHoo hoo!  

Hang in there folks, many times I was discouraged with the system, ready to give up, but that is what they want. It seems to be set up

to frustrate and delay as much as it can.  Got 20% right away, hernia and tinnitus.  Major depression was the battle.

The C&P psychologist refused to consider my story of verbal abuse/harrassment in the military and said it was not

service connected even tho I had 4 documented counselings (but they didnt write notes in the 1970's).  Got buddy letter and Nexus letter from

a Psycholgist in Colorado ($2000).  They still wouldnt buy it.  Had it appealed to a regional officer review.  He sent me

to another C&P Psychologist, same thing, not service connected, denied.   Appealed to BVA and had a video conference with

a judge, a year later got the decision: 30% SC depression and they lumped in the other 20% for total 40%.  Nice payday, some

say keep fighting for more but I just don't have it in me anymore.  Hard to say what helped...buddy letter, nexus letter, my story?  Anyway...

Good luck, keep up the fight.  In my case more would be nice but luckily I don't need it bad enough to jump thru all their hoops!

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to Hadit!

Congratulations on your win!

Congratulations!  Interestingly, I got 40 percent (including 30 percent for MDD) in 4 years also.  However, that was too little, too late for me as I lost my home that year.  

I was unable to keep the home with near zero income.  

I kept fighting and have been 100 percent for ten years now.  Its not unusual for VA to fight you, the VA has about 600 lawyers whose primary job is to "keep you" from getting benefits.  

• HadIt.com Elder

Congrats on your win, Han Glyder! Way to go. Great example of "You don't lose until you quit trying." I hope a lot of people read your post and are motivated to keep on trucking. I also hope you stay with us and learn and share your knowledge. Who knows, you might come up with another path to another disability! Great job.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
7 hours ago, broncovet said:

Interestingly, I got 40 percent (including 30 percent for MDD) in 4 years also.

Very interesting. My first ratings also yielded 40%

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use