VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Voc Rehab ILP Experiences

Rate this question

Tbird

Question

• Founder

I applied for ILP and had the contractor out to my home, unfortunately a lot of stuff they can do for me I have to wait till I get to my permanent living situation, I should only be here for about 2 years. However, they said if I can get my doctor to sign off on new reclining desk and chair than we can move forward. I've only seen this new doc once so I don't know how she will be with that. I want the reclining desk so I can keep my legs elevated due to the lymphedema, I'm on the computer for long hours and need to find a long term solution for my legs. I have to alternate between keeping my legs elevated and standing up which is a bit more challenging.

I don't feel very hopeful about getting the doc to sign off on a desk and chair, but maybe i'll be wrong.

• Founder
1 hour ago, WomanMarine said:

I had posted here previously and was posting update.

@WomanMarine That was my fault i was trying to move it to it's own topic and site had a glitch and it looks like it got lost. can you repost as a new topic, if you post in this thread it will get lost, its easier when your question is in your own thread.

• Founder

Found a copy of my Voc Rehab paperwork FOIA'd and had it in days, made PDF's and sent them over to my counselor. It looks like everything got approved next step she takes it to her supervisor and we see what they say. She sounds positive but she hasn't seen the price of the zero gravity workstation i requested, I don't know what they can get me close to it but I'm shooting for the moon. Prosthetics turned me down for a scooter, but theres a chance they could get me one. Also got approved for lift chair recliner with heat and massage. A few other things. Home improvements are waiting till I move to my permanent home we are currently looking and hoping to find something over the next few months.

8 hours ago, Tbird said:

Found a copy of my Voc Rehab paperwork FOIA'd and had it in days, made PDF's and sent them over to my counselor. It looks like everything got approved next step she takes it to her supervisor and we see what they say. She sounds positive but she hasn't seen the price of the zero gravity workstation i requested, I don't know what they can get me close to it but I'm shooting for the moon. Prosthetics turned me down for a scooter, but theres a chance they could get me one. Also got approved for lift chair recliner with heat and massage. A few other things. Home improvements are waiting till I move to my permanent home we are currently looking and hoping to find something over the next few months.

Tbird are you currently TDIU or scheduler 100%?

6 minutes ago, Ddsr said:

Never-mind I see your are 100%. I am taking it that you are also doing Voc Rehab? The ILP requests you put in for should be approved. I had very good VR Counselor. I am grateful for the Chapter 31, without that program I would not be where I am today. Keep at it and thank you so much for giving birth to Hadit.com. 

Edited by Ddsr

• Founder
1 hour ago, Ddsr said:

Never-mind I see your are 100%. I am taking it that you are also doing Voc Rehab? The ILP requests you put in for should be approved. I had very good VR Counselor. I am grateful for the Chapter 31, without that program I would not be where I am today. Keep at it and thank you so much for giving birth to Hadit.com. 

yes 100% Schedular. I hope they get me everything that has been approved but i have to wait and see. You are welcome for HadIt.com its a labor of love for me.

• Founder

So my Voc Rehab counselor called and said they were ready to start purchasing

1. Step stool to get in and out of car
  2. Kitchen height adjustable so I can sit at my countertops to prep food.
  3. Prescription dispenser with alarm. (I asked for a different one than they suggested so I am waiting to hear.)
  4. Lumbar cushion for Van.
  5. Lift Chair they picked out PerfectSleepChair.com I don't know if that means I'm getting that one or something similar.
  6. Zero Gravity Workstation they are offering this one http://www.ergoquest.com/zero-gravity-workstation-0.html which doesn't accomodate my monitors so I asked for this one http://www.ergoquest.com/zero-gravity-workstation-0a.html (I am waiting to hear.)
  7. Mobility Scooter

Anything over $1200 will need a second approval and anything over $3000 will have to go to a contracting officer. Which is where my Zero Gravity station will need to go.

I'll let you know when stuff starts showing up.