Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

WH VA Hotline delivers results!

Rate this question

Vync

Question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I placed a number of calls to the WH VA Hotline recently about issues with various legitimate problems with the VA. This morning, I received a call from a supervisor with the National Work Queue (NWQ) to respond to my concerns. The nice lady said she had the opportunity to go back and listen to numerous calls I made to 1-800-827-1000. She confirmed my concerns were indeed accurate. She is going to inform VA management of:

- Lack of dedicated form for Clear and Unmistakable Error requests is causing unnecessary confusion and delays. Simply creating a dedicated form, updating the web site, and providing training to VA staff.
- Call center staff providing inconsistent information when calling back.
- VA staff are not supposed to place callers on hold for more than two minutes at a time before coming back to check on them. Some call center staff may mute the call, but they don't have a way to track this down.

She did mention that calls to 1-800-927-1000 are recorded for quality purposes.

She also mentioned that complaints are investigated to confirm if they happened and the circumstances surrounding them.  Depending on the findings and circumstances, employees may receive negative ratings on their performance reviews.

I almost forgot to add this. You know that prepared statement that they always want to repeat about your claim status? I told her that I always tell the agents not to waste my time by reading it. A couple of them agree and comply, but most say they are required to read it. She said that I was correct and the people who refuse are not following VA policy. Interesting...

Edited by Vync

• HadIt.com Elder

That's great news Vync...I wish more Veterans would use that WH #

Thanks for posting this.

1 hour ago, Buck52 said:

That's great news Vync...I wish more Veterans would use that WH #

Thanks for posting this.

I was surprised they actually called!

• HadIt.com Elder

Vync She told you " Depending on the findings and circumstances, employees may receive negative ratings on their performance reviews." What good would that do; it's a union job; nothing happens from it that is of benefit to the customer (THE VETERAN!)

2 minutes ago, GBArmy said:

What good would that do; it's a union job; nothing happens from it that is of benefit to the customer (THE VETERAN!)

GB I agree that it does not help the veteran it can actually impact the VA employee. If their rating is low they can be put on a PIP (Performance Improvement Plan) and if they do not improve they can be terminated. I have seen this happen at my agency, so it can make a difference. Now more than likely the person will improve enough so they don't lose their job but hopefully they will get their act together and do a better job towards the veteran.

Vync, I am glad to hear they called you back.

• HadIt.com Elder

as for as her telling Vync about

''She also mentioned that complaints are investigated to confirm if they happened and the circumstances surrounding them.  Depending on the findings and circumstances, employees may receive negative ratings on their performance reviews.''

That is just general chit chat  it's just her way of letting Vync know how this process works on her end.

22 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

as for as her telling Vync about

''She also mentioned that complaints are investigated to confirm if they happened and the circumstances surrounding them.  Depending on the findings and circumstances, employees may receive negative ratings on their performance reviews.''

That is just general chit chat  it's just her way of letting Vync know how this process works on her end.

Exactly. I assume they had some internal system before the law changed over the recent few years. But now they have the power to weed out employees who don't measure up.