Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Recomendations

Rate this question

blahsaysme2u

Question

so i have contacted dr bash and dr anaise. i just cant afford their prices. 

has anyone had any luck with the below

or does anyone have other suggestions. i just cant afford the out of pocket expense these dr's are asking. if they are so sure of their work, why cant they do like lawyers and ask for % after winning a case? the thought of paying someone 10K for a chance to win and then loose- i just cant even imagine. 

On 2/14/2020 at 1:03 PM, blahsaysme2u said:

why cant they do like lawyers and ask for % after winning a case? 

Because it's not guaranteed and would you or anyone wait to get paid for the pizza five years later. No and that is not have the real world operates. 

"Where there's a will there's a way" is a proverb that means if someone is determined to do something, he will find a way to accomplish it regardless of obstacles. I needed an IMO and it took me a while before finding out to obtain those funds to do so, eventually I got it.

On 2/14/2020 at 3:42 PM, blahsaysme2u said:

my OSA dr refuses to assist me with my how i got sleep apnea. refuses to fill out DBQ and refuses to "speculate" on the cause of my OSA. she says she is not allowed to assist with veterans claims but to treat them. i tried to see an outside dr instead and they told me i would have to start paying for my CPAP supplies if i stopped seeing the VA dr. so i am stuck. 

Type in Sleep doctor into google maps and find a sleep doc that will give you a new sleep test (about $150) and to opinion/dbq the results for another fee for their time. That is your IME, which you needed.

37 minutes ago, Oceanbound said:

Because it's not guaranteed and would you or anyone wait to get paid for the pizza five years later. No and that is not have the real world operates. 

"Where there's a will there's a way" is a proverb that means if someone is determined to do something, he will find a way to accomplish it regardless of obstacles. I needed an IMO and it took me a while before finding out to obtain those funds to do so, eventually I got it.

i just dont see a difference in lawyers being in the same spot. its not garanteed for them to win either, but they are able to do "you win or you pay nothing". doesnt make sense that doctors cant do the same

22 hours ago, blahsaysme2u said:

i just dont see a difference in lawyers being in the same spot. its not garanteed for them to win either, but they are able to do "you win or you pay nothing". doesnt make sense that doctors cant do the same

Wrong. "you win or you pay nothing" that is from car accident lawyers. Military vet lawyers don't say that.

• HadIt.com Elder

Oceanbound, maybe some lawyers don't, but I believe most disability claims pay lawyers between 20-30 %, plus some expenses. I believe it is law/regulation. 

@blahsaysme2u, I know that IMO's can get really expensive.  I would take Oceanbound's advice and see if you can have a sleep study done outside the VA and have them write a DBQ, nexus.  You will need all of your records so they can say that they have read your records and then the nexus needs to have specific language.  Call around and see if there is a OSA doctor local that will write this for you after a sleep study.  Just make sure that you give them all the information they need up front.  Some doctors will not write a DBQ for the VA in that they do not want to get involved.  Another idea might be to call NOVA and see if they have any lawyers that will front load an IMO for you and take the cost of the IMO off of the back end, it will be difficult but there might be someone out there that will.

As for getting the cost of an IMO together the bump from 90% to 100% makes it worth it to save your pennies and see if you can afford one.  I spent $3500 for IMO's but it was well worth it.  Do I believe that you should have to spend this money for an IMO, never.  It is outrageous that they force us to do this but it is better when I started and you could only pay a lawyer $100 to have them represent you.  Other veterans before us have made many of the paths we choose available to us.

Good luck.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use