Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Got It

Rate this topic

bigjim

Congratulations bigjim. Take the family out to Cracker Barrell and celebrate. Seriously, pay attention to that cancer so you have the time to collect some of these benefits.

Cavman

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Founder

well done! happy for you and yours.

make sure you check for your state benefits http://www.kdva.net/ and once things settle down you get the check deposited and your retro in the bank. you can call the va 800-827-1000 and ask them to send you a letter as proof of income and benefits and proof of permanent and total status.

i request a letter each year for a tax credit we have in my state.

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

• 1 month later...

I am so glad to see the approvals going up. There was a time when I was saying we are not getting many posts on this part of the board but it seems pretty full these last weeks. Great News...

So when are the Hadit members going to have a get together for a cookout? How large an area would we need to reserve?

;)

Tbird

Very good idea you posted "ask them to send you a letter as proof of income and benefits and proof of permanent and total status."

Edited by Josh

[font=Verdana]

Joseph Hertrich (Josh)

Cartagena Colombia

Boulder Colorado

Congratulations on your win. It is good to read some good news for a change. Take care of yourself and your family and do some celebrating. You deserve it!

Jim,

Congratulations on perservering until you won! Put out all lines, sailor, you're home. Now, take care of yourself so you can enjoy the many years to come.

Ralph

I am retired cpo 20 years

letter recd today

1. service connection for prostate cancer is granted with an evaluation of 100% effective

jul 26 06

2. Entitlement to special monthly compensation based on housebound criteria being met

is granted from jul 26 07

3. A finding of incompetency is proposed

4. Service sonnection for Postraumatic stress Disorder also clamied as bipolar disorder with

anxiety is granted with an evaluation of 100 percent effective 26 Jul 06

also stated the evidence considered showd that you suffer from service connected prostate cancer rated

100% disabling and ptds rated 70% disabling, there fore you meet the schedular requirements

for special monthl compensation baded on housebound criteria. there fore entitlements to special monthly

compensation baded on housebound criteria being met is granted from july 26 06 the date that received your claim

is this ptsd permanent and total no more va or what, is it temp confused, thank you all for your help//bigjim