VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My Appeal for PTSD was "Remanded" BUT WAIT!

Rate this question

RF-4Cmike

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

RF4-Cmike Not being able to see your file, yes, I believe that this is a favorable turn of events for you. The remand is to further develop you claim; to get an examiner to tie it together to say your disabilities are s-c.IMO.  Of course, be sure to make the C&P next month. Good luck.

We had a female veteran here many years ago who claimed PTSD but the VA re characterized it as  an Acquired MH disorder and she had a hell of a time establishing the inservice nexus for it.

She finally found an IMO/IME doctor who gave her inservice SMRs and 201 file a thorough reading- probably the first time these critical document were ever  read well- the VA skims SMRs, as they dont want to really find a nexus.

She won the claim.

She might have had a buddy statement too.

You said:

"Basically it reads that I could not prove my stressor with no evidence in my records of event for PTSD. not combat related, But they did find that the event caused acquired psychiatric disorder, anxiety, major depressive disorder, cocaine dependency disorder, alcohol dependency disorder, They even said this has a "Low Bar" and they have scheduled a C&P examine.( Not for PTSD) "

That sounds positive. The BVA reads everything they have.

Can you give us the docket and citation # for the Remand? It might be at the BVA web site by now.

BVA cases are public , but no names etc of the claimant and unfortunately they no longer state the VARO who made the decision which helped me narrow down the initials of a few IMO/IME doctors for vets here with similar claims in the same state the ROs were in. as identified in their older decisions.

No, it is not at the BVA web site yet-

Can you scan and attach it here ? Cover your C file # name etc prior to scanning it.

Always keep in mind that evidence can be a buddy statements, witness statements,  or police reports. I even helped a veteran win service connection non-combat PTSD with a news paper article that reported the incident.