Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A little help please

Rate this question

AllTheWay

Question

I have been trying for years to get my knees serviced connected but I still get the bid "D" some maybe someone that has had the same experience can guide me to the light.

Applied for bilateral knee condition  in 2009. Denied. No permanent residual or Chronic disability.

Filed again 2012, same thing, as well as 17, 18.

2019 I filed different. Filed secondary to my bilateral flat feet. Had all new evidence, MRI, even a DBQ from my personal Doc. Guess what. The big D.  I opened up a supplemental claim with new evidence. Got the D again. What am I doing wrong Here?

Knee Decision.pdf

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 minutes ago, AllTheWay said:

Its a shame that Vets have to go through this much trouble. On top of that, spending out of pocket expenses just to get service connected. I know. I have spent over 10 grand out of pocket on Private Dr. I have been trying to get my back and neck service connected as well for years but of course the denial. I do have a disability lawyer fighting that one right now.

Looks like I am going to have to go that route with knees as well. 

As far a doctor doing an IMO/IME, all of the private docs that I have been to refuses to write them for some odd reason then I hear people stating call people like Dr. Bash etc. So what I don't understand is why do I have to spend to much money and still may get denied and now have to wait for years for an appeal. Its all about the money and not taking care of the vets that had made a sacrifice for their country.

I'm fortunate that I have a really good relationship with my orthopedic surgeon.  He's done a plantar fascia release surgery and an ankle ligament repair on me over the years.  He had no reservations about writing the letter for me and he didn't even charge me for it.  

• Adminstrator

It really depends on the doctor.  Some can be very good, or they can get scared off my the VA as they will use tactics to get them to not do IMO/IME as they don't want to lose their job.  Thing is I have never heard of one of them losing their job.  Seem like an empty threat but it still makes them shy away.

I am sorry you are dealing with this as I have the same issue and am at the CAVC right now fighting them.  In the end the fight is worth it!

3 hours ago, deedub75 said:

I'm fortunate that I have a really good relationship with my orthopedic surgeon.  He's done a plantar fascia release surgery and an ankle ligament repair on me over the years.  He had no reservations about writing the letter for me and he didn't even charge me for it.  

you got lucky on that one.  Congrats on hanging on to the fight.

10 minutes ago, shrekthetank1 said:

It really depends on the doctor.  Some can be very good, or they can get scared off my the VA as they will use tactics to get them to not do IMO/IME as they don't want to lose their job.  Thing is I have never heard of one of them losing their job.  Seem like an empty threat but it still makes them shy away.

I am sorry you are dealing with this as I have the same issue and am at the CAVC right now fighting them.  In the end the fight is worth it!

I do agree with you on that one. I haven't heard of anyone losing their job either. My hat off to you for staying in the fight. This is my first time going up to the top and uncertain as how to go about it but I am going. No matter what the outcome will be.

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree with Shrektank   a lot depends on your Dr.

VA They will listen to these Dr more than they will listen to us  so our lay statements are truly not read. (jmo)

a LOT DEPENDS ON THE C&P examiner you get too!

Just now, Buck52 said:

I agree with Shrektank   a lot depends on your Dr.

VA They will listen to these Dr more than they will listen to us  so our lay statements are truly not read. (jmo)

a LOT DEPENDS ON THE C&P examiner you get too!

I do agree as well. The problem is that most VA Docs say that they can not do a DBQ which is a false statement. I usually try to trap them by messaging questions on myhealthevet.