Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

unconfirmed skin diagnose ? is it caused by A.O.?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I have been going round and round with these VA Dr,s because they have diagnose me for eczema, 3 itchy circles on my lower back,,they ruled out lymes disease and some other disease. but is similar in comparison to other skin disease  

before they did diagnose me for eczema ,they took two biopsies and sent it in  and it came back twice unconfirmed diagnoses..

.I ask about a A.O. Claim under the nehmer rule since I was a Vietnam Vet boots on the ground two tours  or extended stay...anyway I have been asking these Dr what is it that is on my lower back? that will not go away or clear up?  give me a diagnose.?

.the intern/resident diagnose it as eczema  and give me two different types of creams/ointments to use to keep the itching down.

I claim its got to be something from the A.O. But these Dr's will not confirm that?

..this has been going on now over 7/8 years ago  it just came up on my back about 8 years ago or so  its all in my medical records.

but since this bogus diagnose  of eczema is not on the A.O. List  grrrrrr  no claim can be filed 

I have ask them if it could be caused by A.O.   They say they don't know? most of the Dr's that have examine me and took biopsies are Residents students  at one point during my examination by one of the VA Dr called in 4 other Dr's to have these resident students look at my skin..I felt like I was on display as a guinea pig.

I still do not believe this is eczema ...But since I can't afford a private Dr  I am stuck as for as filing a claim.

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks James  and GB

I KNOW IWON'T GET ANY MORE $$$ I could file a sleep apnea claim secondary to my PTSD MEDS and get a 50% rating  because I use a NECESSARY  VA prescribe C-pap  but I don't won't to mess with that ,

this skin problem on my back I need the special soaps/cleaners and ointments/creams  some of these are very expensive if we had to buy them..they biopsy this twice and both times the lab they sent it off too came back unable to make a diagnose??

.  so I ask one of the young interns doing his residency  what  I had on my back   he said well we don't know but  he will say its a type of  excema 

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

Buck Dumb question: you are rated over 50% s-c, if the VA prescribes the creams and other meds, why aren't they paid for by the VA? 

• HadIt.com Elder

GB THEY USUALLY ARE ,

BUT WHAT THEY SEND ME IS NOT DOING ANY GOOD  AND i HAVE MENTION THIS TO THEM TIME AND TIME AGAIN,

MY THINKING AND REASONS IS

IF THERE'S NOT A DIAGNOSES OF A SPECIFIC CONDITION  THEN THE VETERAN CAN'T ASK OR REQUEST A SPECIFIC MEDICINE, WE ONLY GET WHAT THEY WILL GIVE US OR WHAT THEY THINK WE NEED.

FOR THE FEW VETERANS THAT HAVE A DIAGNOSE FOR A SKIN CONDITION  (Chloracne)  THEY ARE SENT THE SPECIAL CREAMS AND CLEANERS  VS   A VETERAN THAT DON'T HAVE THE SKIN CONDITION DIAGNOSED  WON'T GET THESE.

WHY ITS LIKE THAT?  I HAVE NO CLUE  ITS THE GOVERNMENT FOR YOU.

GB....Not sure if you knew this or not but the more ratings a veteran has rather or not he gets anymore compensation but the more ratings a veteran has service connected  it makes it that much harder for them to reduce the veteran to under the 100% ....> my reason is to get the proper meds.

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

Buck I didn't think about the diagnosis being the driver for specific meds; very good point. Gotcha on the number of ratings you have; it also provides a little more chance for DIC for your spouse  if S-C disability caused or contributed to your death. Very important not to be overlooked.You got some major obstacles to overcome. The 1 year limitation on claim submittal (for presumptive), and getting an accurate diagnosis. What I talked about in the prior post though I believe the bill have a good chance to go thru. My Congressman has invested a lot of energy over several  years to get the time limitation removed from the AO presumptive requirements. I believe it will be included in some future legislation. How far into the future, though is anyone's guess.

• HadIt.com Elder

Roger That    G B

Buck, the only medication that will stop the itching caused by Chloracne is Clobetasol Propionate Cream, USP, 0.05%. It don't treat the chloracne but it provides temporary relief for the god awful itching, and it is quick acting and will allow you to get some sleep. Ask your PC or Dermatology to prescribe it for you.

Due to my Chloracne, diabetes, and the medications thereof, I almost died on the first of July. Fifty four years after my last exposure ole AO came around for one more pass at me. It caused Forniers Gangrene in my lower abdomen. During emergency surgery they cut out 41 lbs of dead tissue. They only gave me a 4.74 chance to live through the procedure, but I made it!.