VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Does VA Followup on S/C depression?

Rate this question

glashutte

Question

Yes. Not full on c/ps but if you are on meds or in counseling then they will want occasional follow ups. I think I do mine every 5-6 months or so. When I was rated less and not as stable it was more often at my own request. I do mine via telehealth for the last year or so.

You do, only certain doctors do telehealth. If you are seeking civilians you can tell them that and they’ll probably leave you alone, though sharing records is not a bad thing for continuity of care.

1 hour ago, glashutte said:

The VA granted me depression at 50%... I am not really sure how since I was expecting at most 30%. 

My question is does the VA do followups for mental health conditions to decrease, keep same, or increase ratings? 

When it comes to VA disability always keep in mind that there is two separate sides.  One is for disability compensation pay and the other is for veterans treatment plans.  For disability compensation pay, a veteran could go years without a re-evaluation unless VA sets-up a re-evaluation date.  If you are satisfied with your current rating decision, you probably won't hear from VA for a while, unless a treating doctor reports something like your condition is getting better.  For veterans treatment plans, I would say on average it is about every three to six months but most likely every three months for medication refills.  If the veteran's condition is not stable or if the veteran is on a control substance,  it would be every thirty days.  Now with all that said, VA is like no other creature, where they don't follow their own rules and can do just about anything at anytime without any notice or regards.